DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Missing drone, DJI service is hopeless

ddigital

Reactions
The DJI service is hopeless, DJI don't care. when i lost my drone because it became disconnected it did not return to me. The return to home button did not work. The find my drone feature was only showing me where I took off. I am so angry with the mavic 2 pro dji product. What is the point of selling drones when you can't track them by gps coordinates? Do I then have to spend another few grand to buy a new product for this to easily happen again?

All they say it is a user error and will take no responsibility for their products. They should be taken off the market until they can install an external gps tracker. How can it be a user error when the drone becomes disconnected over a few trees? The drone is set to return to home automatically when becomes disconnected, although again this feature did not work.

Don’t waste your money, wait until they make the technology better and actually works.

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Seems to be working ok here. Is it possible something went wrong that could have been controlled by you or the environment you were flying in?

How high was your Return To Home set? Was it high enough to clear the trees?
Did you wait for the drone to get a solid GPS lock and set a home point before you launched?
Personally I never use the RTH button as it will cancel a Return to Home if it is already in progress.

Reactions: BrentC
I'm just so annoyed that the drone does not have a correct gps locator so I can find the bloody thing! Should people be buying an external one to stick on their drones so they can be easily found?

The log ended while you were flying a waypoint mission. What does that complete waypoint mission look like?

You flew a waypoint mission and lost connection at 1170 m (3834 ft) from the homepoint. The reason that it did not return is almost certainly that your flight profile flew it into the trees - at the last recorded position it was only 16 m above ground level.

When I go to "find my drone" why not showing me coordinates?
Find My Drone will only show you the last coordinates recorded in the flight log. Since it was flying a waypoint mission, it likely continued on until the point where it crashed.

The DJI service is hopeless, DJI don't care. when i lost my drone because it became disconnected it did not return to me.
Sorry but there isn't enough evidence to tell what the cause of the incident was.
It's not a case of DJI don't care, it's one where you can't provide data that proves the loss was due to a DJI issue.
There are multiple reasons that could explain the failure to return home.
The return to home button did not work.
Are you sure of that?
Have you practised RTH to know how it works and how to use it?
Do you know that pressing the RTH button when RTH has been activated will cancel the RTH?
And if you have no control signal, there's no way for the RTH signal to get to the drone.
The find my drone feature was only showing me where I took off.
The find my drone feature is not a magic lost drone locator.
At best it can only show the last recorded location.
If you lose signal and the drone continues flying, it's no help to you.
How can it be a user error when the drone becomes disconnected over a few trees? The drone is set to return to home automatically when becomes disconnected, although again this feature did not work.
Trees and leaves are full of water.
One or two branches won't make much difference but more trees between you and your drone means less control signal.
You had multiple warnings that signal was getting lost from 3:22.5 until the end of data at 3:40 but did nothing about it.
I am so angry with the mavic 2 pro dji product.
What is the point of selling drones when you can't track them by gps coordinates? Do I then have to spend another few grand to buy a new product for this to easily happen again?
All they say it is a user error and will take no responsibility for their products. They should be taken off the market until they can install an external gps tracker.

Don’t waste your money, wait until they make the technology better and actually works.
I think I'd rather take advice from someone that knows how the drone works and is experienced enough to tell what caused a problem rather than an angry person who lost his drone, quite possibly due to a lack of understanding of how to use it.

There are a number of possible explanations for the loss of your drone and so far no way to tell what actually happened.
And definitely no way to see anything that you can blame DJI for.

You are almost 4000 feet away at 100 feet in altitude. Heavy trees. I would expect to lose connection. maybe a bird strike or battery disconnect. The copter should be down near the last location if that is the case. Stop whining about it not having a tracker on it. You should have put one on if you wanted one. People will help you here but not if you sound like a sore loser.

Isn't this log showing
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

100ft = 30m?
When I go to "find my drone" why not showing me coordinates?

The last recorded coordinates are 29.7827°S, 150.1340°N. That's not your home point. If you follow your programmed flight path you will most likely find it somewhere after that.

Reactions: Meta4
You are almost 4000 feet away at 100 feet in altitude. Heavy trees. I would expect to lose connection. maybe a bird strike or battery disconnect. The copter should be down near the last location if that is the case. Stop whining about it not having a tracker on it. You should have put one on if you wanted one. People will help you here but not if you sound like a sore loser.

It's not going to be a bird strike. Why does that get suggested every time? It's never a bird strike. The flight profile was simply flawed - it was far too low.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS