DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

missing flyxxx.dat files from Mavic Pro

marklyn

Reactions
I regularly download the flyxxx.dat files from my Mavic using DJI Assistant 2, so I'm familiar with what they are and how data within them can be extracted using datcon, etc.
Occasionally when I download a file and extract it there appears to be an occasional flyxxx.dat file that is clearly missing from a flight I did that same day. When I fly a mission I always do the same pattern, power on Mavic/controller, fly mission, land & power off Mavic/controller to always make sure the start/stop part of the data files are consistent. But now that I'm trying to use the files I'm noticing that I occasionally am missing one or two from a batch that I extracted. Has anyone else noticed this?
Also, is there some type of numbering algorithm that DJI uses to create the flyxxx.dat files? I've seen where sometimes the files extracted are in numeric order and then other times where they're in numeric order and one or two have a higher or lower number way out of sequence. Odd but I can live with that as long as I get all of the flyxxx.dat files.
On a very recent flight day, 3 different flights, I am definitely missing one of the flyxxx.dat files (that I really needed) so figuring this out is important for me.
Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Same issue but it is not just 1 or 2 missing, but most of them are missing, I usually get the one created by just turning ON/OFF the Mavic but not the one from real flights.
I have not understood any logic why some files are missing.

I do know that every time you turn on/off the Mavic that one is created and I see those regularly because sometimes you have to turn on to upload data or maybe you forgot something and you turn it off, fix that something, and back on. But why I'm occasionally missing some good flight data files is puzzling to me.

sar104, yeah, I read that too a few weeks ago, and that is what I started doing so I'm certain the internal SD card wasn't full because the flights for that day were done on a "cleaned" SD card, but good thought.

sar104, yeah, I read that too a few weeks ago, and that is what I started doing so I'm certain the internal SD card wasn't full because the flights for that day were done on a "cleaned" SD card, but good thought.
In addition to removing the .DATs in blackbox/flyctrl are you also removing some directories under the blackbox/vision directory.

Thanks, I already noticed your post and applied it. Worked nice like black magic to delete these flight records but the Mavic didn't react as expected to nicely record new flights. It still random what is recorded. Thanks in any case for sharing that info.
Too young with the Mavic to be in a give-up situation, still testing.

In addition to removing the .DATs in blackbox/flyctrl are you also removing some directories under the blackbox/vision directory.
Yes, definitely doing that too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98