DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Mitchell Bay, Alaska - 24' tide swing

That's a really cool boat - I bet those 4 motors get a work out running up that fast flowing water. The boat sure looked great on the smooth water! Are those crab pots? How long do you let them soak?

Just a suggestion - Music or sound effects would help the already great video. I bet those motors would sound terrific! Just a thought.

What a Great Video!

I live on the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia and we have a lot of "Watermen" crab fishing. I've included two photos below showing an example of Big Business (upper photo) going out with a hundred or more crab pots and the lower photo shows a "one-man" family business and they seem to have a lot more pots than your craft could carry. Your boat looked more like a high-speed (four-engines) tour boat and the boat does not seem large enough to carry more than a dozen pots or so. I know the video may start after some pots were laid, but that's a lot of boat for crab fishing…

Still, Great Video, thanks for sharing.

watermen.png

Last edited:
It's a custom landing craft that fits four pallets (i think) and no, no work out as it didn't break a sweat running on 3 that day. I don't recall the soak, was just there for dropping them.

I'm not up to speed on audio but have started on it. Working on kit and process, side tracked currently while replacing my m2p lost to the ocean after breaking a prop. Kinda like the idea of dji's wireless setup with a couple mic options. I'm getting introduced to Ableton and Splice.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Spent my Florida winters running 1000 traps (stone crab). Plastic traps, concrete bottom, weighed 70lb so only carry 200 per trip. They stayed out for 6 months but pulled avg every week. Pressure washing at end of season was a MESS. Commercial fished between crab pulls. Hard work but loved it. My boat in avatar (NE lobster boat). Retired

That current isn't a river but the Bay dumping water out on a 24' ebb tide.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Was it me, or did I not hear any badly needed sound track. Motors and music would have been a 100% improvement on an already excellently shot video.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator