DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM Swamping out signal of other FPVers at my flying club

Longtime AMA member here, so I still walk up to other people flying at a park or field to ask what they’re flying, and to let them know what I’m flying. The millennials just stare at me - with their “frequency hopping RC” as if to sarcastically say, “That’s nice.”

I personally do not miss the days of 27MHz, 72MHz, brushed motors and mechanical speed controllers.
Frequency hopping is only on the controllers - nothing to do with video which is mostly analog signals in the wifi bands.
DJI and others have started marketing digital HD systems and they are gaining market acceptance very quickly.
That to say this may become a moot point in the future.

Reactions: wjkrysak
Really appreciate the follow-on information @Brojon as it‘s been a semi-steep learning curve getting back into the RC hobby, with today’s technologies only whispered-about at airfields decades ago. And now I’m learning that my old airfield buddies are not entirely into my new drone hobby...wow.

So in an attempt to peacefully co-exist with the FPV guys, I’ve learned how to change channels on my Mini, or simply keep her on the landing pad until they switch batteries. I’ll just fly an OcuSync-enabled unit instead, unless someone’s about to post about a major conflict with FPV, too...

So in an attempt to peacefully co-exist with the FPV guys, I’ve learned how to change channels on my Mini, or simply keep her on the landing pad until they switch batteries. I’ll just fly an OcuSync-enabled unit instead, unless someone’s about to post about a major conflict with FPV, too...
It does not look like OcuSync interfers with the FPV flyers signal.
I tried this a couple of days ago and had no inteference in my goggles from my M2P.
When running multiple FPV's we only use 25 mw of power for video as not to stomp on each other.
M2P-FPV.png
I used the camera and VTX from one of my whoops along with my Fatsharks. I did not fly very far away as its been rather windy here. I don't have a recording from the goggles but this is from the whoops camera.
I was on VTX channel 5865.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard