DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mobile Data

bkushner

Reactions
I really wish you could add a sim to the Pro Controller for cell connection. It's a pain having to tether to phone every time you fly.

Reactions: Richard R
I really wish you could add a sim to the Pro Controller for cell connection. It's a pain having to tether to phone every time you fly.
The internally mounted 4G dongle will do exactly that, if it ever makes it to the USA!

Are you tethering for maps? I typically don't bother and wouldn't pay for cell service via dongle just for that (I recognize the dongle's potential is for flying beyond range, but, don't see myself needing that).

Reactions: Roamer105
Are you tethering for maps? I typically don't bother and wouldn't pay for cell service via dongle just for that (I recognize the dongle's potential is for flying beyond range, but, don't see myself needing that).
Maps and updated TFR's! The 4G dongle will also prevent signal interruption and loss of signal RTH from heavy wifi interference at close range in urban settings, while still within VLOS.

Maps and updated TFR's! The 4G dongle will also prevent signal interruption and loss of signal RTH from heavy wifi interference at close range in urban settings, while still within VLOS.
I would not trust to fly the drone over cellular service. The round-trip delays and micro interruptions and video lag would make that capability a real "hail mary".

I would not trust to fly the drone over cellular service. The round-trip delays and micro interruptions and video lag would make that capability a real "hail mary".
It auto switches between 2.4, 5.8, and 4G, for the strongest signal. DJI has designed it to use 4G for exactly that purpose, and it is currently in use in China and elsewhere, and working as designed! Plenty of YT videos to validate it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78