DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Modifying Litchi mission On The Go

mr.jipi_

Reactions
I made a flight plan using Mission Hub that I want to perfect in the filed. If I want to make subtle adjustement while the drone is flying the plan ( like adding a waypoint between two existing ones or modifying a value of an existing one) what would be the best way to do so in your opinion ?
I’m looking for the most efficient way…

Last edited:
I personally make the adj on my tablet. the only downside to this is that Litchi wont use the elevation data found online this way unless u go back online through mission hub and edit the mission again there.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I personally make the adj on my tablet. the only downside to this is that Litchi wont use the elevation data found online this way unless u go back online through mission hub and edit the mission again there.
So you use a secondary tablet for the adjustement ?

So you use a secondary tablet for the adjustment ?
No, it's the same 1 i use for flying. In all reality, I could tether the tablet, or go in to the site through my phone and make it work w the online elevations, i just havent had an issue doing it without using the extra steps to get the online elevation. The elevation accuracy on a decently sized mission that ascends and descends is sketchy at best, anyway. I've had variances of 8-10m before by the time I landed and from what I've read, I'm far from the only one. It's a great app, just have to be careful.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Are you saying you want to adjust a mission while the drone is actually in the middle of flying the mission? I'm not sure that's possible.

Are you saying you want to adjust a mission while the drone is actually in the middle of flying the mission? I'm not sure that's possible.
Agree, the only way to modify a mission in the middle of said mission would be to -
1-Stop mission, let bird hover
2- make desired modifications
3- Start mission again, ensuring you select a different starting waypoint corresponding to where you're at in the mission.
As I understand it, this will clear the online elevation model stored for the mission unless this is done through a web browser with the mission hub (which is possible, but likely more of a pain than it's worth).

The Litchi app can use elevation data when adding a waypoint in the smartphone app, but Litchi tries hard to make this difficult. Basically, you have to:
1. add the new point, then click the spanner icon 1589202644878.png
2. tap the dotted square 1589202396051.png
3. tap the point you want to edit and another point you want at the same height above ground
4. tap Edit to reveal the BATCH WAYPOINT SETTINGS mini-window
5. where the top line reads, Altitude: XXm relative to Home, tap Home and choose Ground
6. tap APPLY and you're done

Despite its warnings, if I have to make changes in the field my preferred method is to use my tablet to edit the mission using the Litchi website. However, my favourite way of avoiding making changes in the field is to make extensive use of Virtual Litchi Mission...

The Litchi app can use elevation data when adding a waypoint in the smartphone app, but Litchi tries hard to make this difficult. Basically, you have to:
1. add the new point, then click the spanner icon View attachment 101017
2. tap the dotted square View attachment 101016
3. tap the point you want to edit and another point you want at the same height above ground
4. tap Edit to reveal the BATCH WAYPOINT SETTINGS mini-window
5. where the top line reads, Altitude: XXm relative to Home, tap Home and choose Ground
6. tap APPLY and you're done

Despite its warnings, if I have to make changes in the field my preferred method is to use my tablet to edit the mission using the Litchi website. However, my favourite way of avoiding making changes in the field is to make extensive use of Virtual Litchi Mission...
That's quite the interesting workaround! Ty for the info! Also, have you found this to make much of a difference? Given the inaccuracies I've had with altitude re Litchi, this would likely be difficult to prove out anyway, unless you take off before every point you're checking.

I have not found Litchi to be inaccurate at all - if the mapping is good, and my positioning of the Waypoint is right, the drone flies there. The altitude has not been a concern, but then I never cut it tight - I will set it at least 20 metres higher than any possible obstruction. I check my path in Virtual Litchi MIssion, and when arriving on site, I make a careful look around for any unexpected hazards (for example, power lines or new buildings).

Litchi appears to be unloved by its makers, but it has helped me (a) enjoy using my drone safely, and (b) produce some reasonable films (see www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAHTNJ9704 for example).

I have not found Litchi to be inaccurate at all - if the mapping is good, and my positioning of the Waypoint is right, the drone flies there. The altitude has not been a concern, but then I never cut it tight - I will set it at least 20 metres higher than any possible obstruction. I check my path in Virtual Litchi MIssion, and when arriving on site, I make a careful look around for any unexpected hazards (for example, power lines or new buildings).

Litchi appears to be unloved by its makers, but it has helped me (a) enjoy using my drone safely, and (b) produce some reasonable films (see www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAHTNJ9704 for example).
Yeah, it's mostly when there are several ups and downs in the mission. I set my points high enough so it doesn't hit anything but when I come in to land I can see the discrepancy as I'm coming down, before VPS kicks in.

Reactions: Chip D
@VLL - good question, but I won't hijack this thread to answer it. See here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661