DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Molten Sulphur Tanker

Love the red "STAY AWAY" color.

I found some information about the barge.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: KBF and LoudThunder
Did you photograph it as it cruised past or is that you, in the blue jacket, on the bow, standing just above the "B" in its name? Great Photo!

Awesome photo

Reactions: LoudThunder
not the boat
Technically, the "Bahia De Tampa" is a Barge, note the Pusher Tug at the stern… Since visibility from the pilot house of the Tug very limited, perhaps that "Blue Jacketed" person on the bow is a "look-out.." If so, then he needs to be looking where they are going, not where they've been… L 😁 L . . .

Reactions: KBF and MS Coast
Anyone have any ideas as to the function of those half pyramid looking things on top of those tall shafts? Thinking fire suppression?
Technically, "those half pyramid looking things on top of those tall shafts" are called Trapezoid Prisms. My guess is that they are vent covers and I believe that since the barge carries all sorts of liquids, probably some noxious stuff, the shafts are tall so any fumes do not affect the crew.

Here is another view of her…

barge.jpg

By the way, the Tug's name is the "Betty S" and was originally named the "Theresa F" until 2001, and then she was named the "Paula G" until 2004, and has been named the "Betty S" since…

Makes you wonder if the Tug's Captain has s lot of girl friends or a lot of ex-wives… I guess renaming a boat is a lot easier that have a Tattoo removed… L 😂 L . . .

If you are curious to know where she is at this right now, this link will provide that information and even show you a map with the other harbor traffic… The information is only as current as often as the barge's beacon sends out it's location…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar