DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moment Kickstarter

Check out this video from their Kickstarter page:

I have a question about the comparisons in this video. See the screen cap below. I understand anamorphic, but the M2P sensor and the video dimensions (at same settings) are the same size, regardless of how you change the FOV with a lens attached to the lens.

Is this a comparison of the same scene with the same in-camera aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9)? Are either of them cropped and/or enlarged during post (if so, are both given the same treatment, or just one of them)?

( I'm asking here because the comment section for the youtube video doesn't seem be getting any questions answered. )

That's not my video if you're asking me.
Sorry, I meant to direct that to anyone who could answer.

I did get a partial answer in this post of a different thread (though no specifics of what software or process used in post).

It's expanded in post (doesn't come that way out-of-camera), which may be typical for shooting with an anamorphic lens attachment.

Chris

Has anyone been abled to locate the actual weight of the new Moment anamorphic lens?

I am super excited to get mine. After spending this much for a drone the cost for a decent accessory lens doesn't seem too out of line. I guess I will see. I am also guessing even if I hate it, it shouldn't be to hard to resell.

I am super excited to get mine. After spending this much for a drone the cost for a decent accessory lens doesn't seem too out of line. I guess I will see. I am also guessing even if I hate it, it shouldn't be to hard to resell.
A bit pricey for me at the moment and I need to actually start being productive with what I've got already. I'll at least wait and see how well it's received and go from there. If you decide to get it, let us know what you think, maybe post some footage. :)

Nice to see they also make the quality ND filters for the original MP, in a range that is very handy . . . ND 4 through to ND64, 5 filters at a reasonable US$99.
I have my NISI filters in that range, but good another manufacturer thought to make it a full range kit, hope they do well.

Seems like a good concept if you need the cinematic look. I think Moment has a few products out there, some available from B&H, Amazon, etc. unless they are mis-managing their money or have razor thin profit margins, I'd be wary of them for long term support if they are relying on Kickstarter and not their cash on hand or at least a private equity firm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebelsun