DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Momentary loss of control at onset of flight and sport gimbal issues

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
My MM2 got it's maiden voyage yesterday in two different locations. After about a minute into the air, and a controlled yaw, the MM2 decided it wanted to yaw on it's own and didn't respond to stick control for a few seconds, I was worried for those few seconds, but then control came back. I'm attaching the few seconds of that experience. Later on, during the second flight when I kicked it into sport more I got some "fluttering" in the top of the images I've got a clip of that that is processing now. If you can't see it yet come back later. It could be 10 or 20 minutes or so.

And (not a problem) a screen grab without any grading or editing. Just exported the still right out of the video clip.

NWU_1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like your gimbal is reaching its upper end stop, and just seeing the nose of the aircraft too. Note thst in sports and normal mode the aircraft can tilt more than the gimbal can in most directions so expect it to jump about a bit when flying fast, or in windy conditions.

Ive been having some similar issues, i cant look up the additional 30° with my Mavic 2 Pro, and it is turned on. Then it will let me and then force it back down kinda like yours is doing. It jerks down. I wish you would have maxed it out looking upwards and see what it does. I sent my modified controller off and it has a modified antenna on it. The guy seems to think it was the connections but I haven’t gotten it back yet. But I’m afraid it’s a software issue. It is also when I put it in sport mode forcing it self back to position mode for a second. Then says “Atti to Large”. I probably should post this problem and see what people tell me also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan