DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moniak - ancient fortress ruins on a magnificent hill

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
Yesterday I traveled a lot but short work tend to become a lot longer, so I missed all of my targets but one - Moniak - I have been there several times but strong wind prevent me from flying, today's target was the longest suspended bridge in Bulgaria and I decided to combine both in one shot - Bad idea as it turns out as my starting point was so badly chosen that almost half of flight was with some signal problems
sad.gif
On top of it the whole flight I was with camera off :( so I do it again this time filming

Moniak - ancient fortress
The bridge is pedestrians only and is the only connection for the small village Lisicite

Reactions: BerndM
Monyak is a medieval Bulgarian fortress and is one of the largest fortresses in the Rhodopes with a protected area of over 50 decares. It is situated at the peak of the Sixth Fortress (586 m) above the Studen Kladenets dam , 2 km south of the village of Shiroko pole and 12 km east of the town of Kardjali .

From the hill there is a view of the mountain, the valleys, the slopes and the Studen Kladenets Dam.

Description [ edit | edit the code ]
Remains of the fortress: the fortress wall, the eight-walled tower and water tanks date back to XII-XIII century. The retained part of the outer wall is more than 270 meters long and its height in some places reaches 7-8 meters. It is made of stones brazed with lime and sand. The height of the tower is about 3 - 4 meters. During the construction of the fortress they paid serious attention to the water reservoirs. There are two overground water tanks in the fortress.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair