DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Monitoring battery temperatures.

Former Member

Reactions
Im doing a study on battery temperatures and cold weather flying and possibly introducing a new product based on the results. For those of you in temperatures below 40°f, would you mind posting your battery temperatures? Please no comments, just data.

You can check your battery temp in DJI Go 4 by hitting the 3 dots, then hitting the battery icon.

Please use this as a template. If using c instead of f, please include f:

Outside temperature (not incl wind chill): 32° f
Battery temp before flight: 65°f
Battery temp after 5 minutes of flight: 46°f
Battery temp after flight: 49°f

Last edited:
too (Mod Removed ) cold to fly here,lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was already to go flying this am and do some tests for you.
Charged up batteries and remote last night and woke up this am to this.

""Periods of light snow. Wind northeast 30 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 15 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 17 in the morning and minus 26 in the afternoon. Risk of frostbite. Tonight Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 20 km/h. Low minus 17. Wind chill near minus 26. Risk of frostbite.Sat, 2 Feb Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. Wind becoming north 20 gusting to 40 early in the afternoon. High minus 10. Wind chill minus 26 in the morning and minus 18 in the afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1"""

So not flying today or tomorrow....

I was already to go flying this am and do some tests for you.
Charged up batteries and remote last night and woke up this am to this.

""Periods of light snow. Wind northeast 30 km/h. Temperature falling to minus 15 this afternoon. Wind chill minus 17 in the morning and minus 26 in the afternoon. Risk of frostbite. Tonight Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 20 km/h. Low minus 17. Wind chill near minus 26. Risk of frostbite.Sat, 2 Feb Cloudy with 30 percent chance of flurries. Wind east 20 km/h becoming light in the morning. Wind becoming north 20 gusting to 40 early in the afternoon. High minus 10. Wind chill minus 26 in the morning and minus 18 in the afternoon. Risk of frostbite. UV index 1"""

So not flying today or tomorrow....

Stay in your igloo! lol

Reactions: Tofino
Finally got a test in, even though I froze my finger tips off.

Outside temperature (not incl wind chill): -20.2 F
Battery temp before flight: 79.7
Battery temp after 5 minutes of flight: 74.2 F
Battery temp after flight: 76.1

I attached the pic of battery temps from Airdata UAV
batterytest.JPG

Now I have to warm up and have a shot of Fireball,,,,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads