DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moon photos ?

Yeah, very nice!! :)
But shot with a DSLR and huge lens?
You are correct . . not that huge though . . average telephoto. I was hovering less than100ft away. Favorite shot of mine. tried to get the eclipse last year with a reflection in some still water with the M2Zoom . .too much contrast to get any details.

91296ca43fe20432599e6627e7f25301.jpg

Reactions: ff22
Yes . . beautiful shots Kilrah really amazing! . . .can you share the camera/settings you used?

Best i could do....... 200mm lens on the Canon f11, 800ISO @ 1/800
Could Not get good focus2307367F-7B7B-4492-9570-800FC323EED6.jpeg

Try manual focus...

I shoot the moon in Manual mode on a tripod. Here's a shot with my Canon 400mm lens - 1/200 - f5.6 ISO 200. Note that a full moon is pretty bland. During the phases, you get shadows on the craters which make them more visible.

moon.jpg

Try manual focus...

I shoot the moon in Manual mode on a tripod. Here's a shot with my Canon 400mm lens - 1/200 - f5.6 ISO 200. Note that a full moon is pretty bland. During the phases, you get shadows on the craters which make them more visible.

View attachment 56825
Thanks....... will try this tonight

Here’s a shot I took from my place in South Beach. I want to say it was of the Super Moon or something like that. If you look closely, there is a cruise ship in the moons light.EC4055C8-0289-43A7-90D2-FB2F47B468B0.jpeg

Reactions: ff22
In January 2018 I attempted taking photographs of the full moon here in Eugene Oregon but I was using my Inspire 2 with the x4s camera which has a 12mm focal length (approximately) and it turned out as a tiny speck in the sky.
In the picture below I did a little editing with The Lightroom CC mobile app but you can see that the moon is a tiny speck in the photo.
But I am wondering if you might be able to use the x5s camera with a 45mm lens and get a better shot? I just might give it a try at the next full moon.
That really doesn’t answer your question though but I just wanted to throw it in there anyway ;) !!
Thats a FANTASTIC SHOT!

Down here in Florida we are having a nice big full moon......wondering, has anyone attempted to photograph with the Hassy. Using the 11 Rule...... it Could produce really good Images.......
Why a drone for moon shots? C'mon! ? Use your smartphone or, better still, a good SLR digital camera (they are superior even to the best smartphones out there for photography).

Why a drone for moon shots? C'mon! ? Use your smartphone or, better still, a good SLR digital camera (they are superior even to the best smartphones out there for photography).
Ive used the Camera on my drone without it flying.(I dearly Love R&D) with the M2P Setting on a solid object, I use the remote to trip the shutter.
Our Hassey is really Badass

Explain how I could get this shot with a smartphone or even the best camera in the world?
This is a Drone forum?
80889441-93C8-4745-A59B-68CD795C89B9.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat