DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mop in sport mode

pzaz

Reactions
Switched into sport mode for the first time today after a week in beginner and p mode.
When breaking in sport mode the MP seems to pull up rather violently. Is this normal? I have nothing to compare it with as my previous drone was no more than a toy.
I realise the MP has to stop from high speed but it kind of looks drastic the way it stops.
Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: M K
Yep, that's normal when it goes in "full reverse thrust" it will gain some elevation as a side effect..

Is this normal?
Yes. Either make slower stick movements or adjust the brake speed in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Brake.jpg

Its the most fun part! Whats even more fun is to come in full Sport Mode and press the Pause Button on the remote controller. This will literally stand the Mavic Pro up vertically when stopping. I would not do it often as it adds stresses to the arms and the airframe , but its a blast to watch.

Reactions: gdsmchewy
Its the most fun part! Whats even more fun is to come in full Sport Mode and press the Pause Button on the remote controller. This will literally stand the Mavic Pro up vertically when stopping. I would not do it often as it adds stresses to the arms and the airframe , but its a blast to watch.

Sport mode is fun, the adrenaline rush is higher and it makes its worth it all as p mode was a bit sedentary.

Assume you stopped & hovered a second and then switched into Sport Mode, not while moving?

Reactions: yoichi
Why would you have to stop first and then switch to sports mode ?

Why would you have to stop first and then switch to sports mode ?
You don't have to stop before enabling/disabling sport mode.

Reactions: Oli
Update.
Flew to 235 feet last Sunday in a field near where I live. Only used 1 battery lots of fun though.
Getting to know the Mavic better just need to spend some time on the video image seemed a little over exposed but ok for first time. Next flight will test RTH.

Update.
Flew to 235 feet last Sunday in a field near where I live. Only used 1 battery lots of fun though.
Getting to know the Mavic better just need to spend some time on the video image seemed a little over exposed but ok for first time. Next flight will test RTH.
Was your EV compensation at 0? The right dial on the remote adjusts it... enable your histogram and keep an eye on that to eliminate guesswork completely..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt