DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

More Powerful Battery?

@Ponz the mini 1 battery will indeed fit in the Mini 2,but not the other way round ,and in normal use there will be very little difference in performance,between the two of them ,they could struggle in sport mode, as their charge drops below around the 50% mark ,due to the high current demands that are required in that mode

I read the Mini 1 battery will fit with the same life span only heavier.
For clarity, I didn't mention the Mavic Mini's battery because I don't think it gives longer flight times and you asked about "longer lived". Most of my Mini 2 flights have been flown on Mavic mini batteries, I keep forgetting to charge the Mini 2 batteries do end up shove a Mavic Mini battery in lol.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi, the Mini 1 battery is Li-Ion, not Li-Pol and doesn't discharge in time like the Mini 2 battery. I keep a couple of Mini 1 batteries charged so I can get the Mini 2 up in the air in a moments notice and not have to wait to charge batteries.

The Mini 1 battery in the Mini 2 takes the Mini 2 over 250g so it must be registered and have a tail number attached.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: Ponz
Hi, the Mini 1 battery is Li-Ion, not Li-Pol and doesn't discharge in time like the Mini 2 battery. I keep a couple of Mini 1 batteries charged so I can get the Mini 2 up in the air in a moments notice and not have to wait to charge batteries.

The Mini 1 battery in the Mini 2 takes the Mini 2 over 250g so it must be registered and have a tail number attached.

Regards,
Richard
Does it hurt to have the Mini 2 registered without the extra weight? Pros or cons?

Ponz

Does it hurt to have the Mini 2 registered without the extra weight? Pros or cons?

Ponz
Hi Ponz, I am a recreational pilot, but register all my drones, even the drones weighing less than 250g. Pt 107 pilots are required to register all their drones, including drones less than 250g. Having the drones registered may aid in recovering a fly away drone.

Regards,
Richard

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d