DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moto G7 Plus Android 9 Pie & Mavic Pro Platinum DJI Go 4

Wilsie

Reactions
Hi,
I'm new to all this drone stuff but am really enjoying the Mavic Pro. I'm currently flying it with a Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro phone but am looking for something with a bigger/better screen and a bit more grunt that won't break the bank.
The Moto G7 Plus looks good and I read that the Moto G6 Plus was/is also a good fit.
Is it worth going for the later model phone?
Some posts say The G7 Plus is a good match and some say no ....
(Another benefit of this phone for me (if it works) is that it is dual sim as I am back and forth between Australia and New Zealand alot.)
Can anyone out there say for sure if its a good match before i click buy now?
Thanks in advance
Wilsie

Well, no response, bit the bullet and bought the Moto G7 anyway, Android 9 Pie, result, awesome.

FYI - Screen is great, everything works but this phone does drag the controller battery down. About 15-18% per flight battery, I found this out while trying to do a 5 battery mapping mission. Half way through battery 4 the controller low battery warning came on, had to pause mission and recharge it. I asked DJI and they came back quickly and said ALL Android devices will draw from the controller as Androids need power to transfer data via the usb. Different manufacturers devices draw different amounts. The Moto g7 has a fast charge battery that I presume is why its eating it so quickly. For anything less than big multi battery missions though its all good :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starKid