DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor covers for Mavic Mini. Safe?

I think if DJI recommended motor covers, and the accompanying restriction of cooling air flow they would have designed the motor with something integral. ... none of their drones seem to have this as a factory item. Just my humble opinion.

Hey everyone, I picked up a MM yesterday. I hadn’t ever really handled one in person before buying one, and the one thing that alarmed me
Is how exposed the motor coils are. I’m a metal worker and metal “dust” is very commonly on my person no matter how careful I am. Those motors would literally be a magnet for contamination.

I saw that there are aftermarket caps that conceal the motors, but would you then need to be concerned with a heating problem? Are they exposed the way they are just because of a weight trim down, or are these some sort of higher RPM motors that need to breathe. All other DJI drones motors are concealed and do fine...

We made Motor Covers that seal the top of the Props as part of the Mavic Mini Wet Suits .
The reason for this was not to stop water from getting inside them but to Block debris from getting inside them blocking the motors.

We Purchased the Aluminum Covers and compared them to the ones we made for the Mavic Mini, they both do the job but ours are lighter and tighter.

The motors although smaller our still aluminum Brush less motors and capable of negotiating extreme heat easily.
Keep in mind that they only have to fly in the air for 30 minutes before the cool down process .

We have been covering and sealing the motors for years with the Phantom Rain Wet Suits and have never had any issues and continue to fly them to this day.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Mini in the Rain.
Coal

I’m running the Drone Valley covers and like then. No noticeable difference in flight or flight time. I teased my prop screws with blue loctite.

Apparently, no apparent difference in temperature readings...

Really dont know... Manual and video instructions does not clarify it properly

In the video, at about the 1:10 point, it says to discard the original screws after using them to remove the threadlocker from the motor housing. So, I would say that replacing is, if not directly required, is at least recommended by DJI.

I think if DJI recommended motor covers, and the accompanying restriction of cooling air flow they would have designed the motor with something integral. ... none of their drones seem to have this as a factory item. Just my humble opinion.
Here's a spark propeller, a tight gap.?
potkuri.jpg

For the MM, weight has priority over (almost) everything else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190