DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Current Error - Zoom

I can not for the life of me figure out the DatCon site and how to open DAT files. I used AirData and it basically looks like the same info I posted above. How the heck do I easily view a log / .DAT file on my MAC??

AirData is still in beta with DAT files, and virtually useless. To view the DAT files you need to run DatCon. However, unless you have some experience reading those data I'm not sure how much use it will be. I'd suggest that you simply post the DAT file and let others take a look at it.

I've had the motor current error a couple of times since I got my M2Z last September. Once was on a warm day last fall while in P mode and the other was on a below zero F day in Sport mode. Both times I had the right stick pressed fully forward.

Since they happen so infrequently, I'm writing them off as 'one of those things'.. Much like the incessant high wind warnings that are more of an annoyance than anything else..

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
I've had the motor current error a couple of times since I got my M2Z last September. Once was on a warm day last fall while in P mode and the other was on a below zero F day in Sport mode. Both times I had the right stick pressed fully forward.

Since they happen so infrequently, I'm writing them off as 'one of those things'.. Much like the incessant high wind warnings that are more of an annoyance than anything else..
Received below errors the other day. Temps below freezing and light mist started while in flight . On return the props had ice on their leading edges and the motors were very hot. Obviously the props were turning much faster than normal to maintain flight, even at slow forward motion. Thankfully this happened while close to home at low altitude toward the end of the flight. These birds will do everything in their power to follow your flight commands! Subsequent flights the following day were without issues.

These current errors appear to occur anytime the current exceeds a predetermined high threshold. This could be from overclocking the prop(s) or perhaps something as simple as junk in the motor causing it to work harder, or a damaged prop. I’ve also rarely seen current errors (I believe different from that below) while in Sports mode on windy days.7FCE5B89-62D9-4A69-BD6B-7090A70385BC.png

Last edited:
Hello,

is it possible to read the current of the four motors from the logs (opposed to just reading the warning)?

Regards,
Hendrik

Thanks. The ones of the drone, or the ones of the Controller? Can you point me at a tool/tutorial reading the right logs?

There is a caveat though. The Mavic 2 uses field oriented control to drive the motors and the recorded motor current data isn't accurate. Also the case for the Mavic Pro Platinum.

The sum of the motor currents is always higher than the battery current. The relationship appears to be nonlinear but I haven't looked close enough to determine if it's monotonic.

I use a Mavic pro, sorry for posting here.I did not want to open a new, similar thread.
I had the impression of one motor running hotter once, but I could not reproduce/sense it anymore. Thus, I wanted to read the current as an indicator. Looks all normal though.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31