DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Current Error - Zoom

savagedo

Reactions
Flew this morning and toward the end of my flight received twice a motor current error. It was very cold (3 degrees F) so I'm wondering it that caused the error. It did not seem affected but I brought her home immediatly of course. Worried about what that was all about.....

Do you remember what % battery that warning came on? Lipo batteries are unpredictable when it gets below freezing outside, and your voltage is low. You might want to keep your flights a little bit shorter and see if you get the warning again. If so, make a note of what % the battery is at, and try to plan to finish your flight way before it gets to that point the next time. I always land at 30-40%. If I got that error message, I would shoot for 40-50% battery.

Can't low voltage be caused by a high amp draw? Cause-and-effect relationship

It certainly could cause low voltage, but if the current draw were within specification, even if the voltage goes low, then it should not report high current.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Flew this morning and toward the end of my flight received twice a motor current error. It was very cold (3 degrees F) so I'm wondering it that caused the error. It did not seem affected but I brought her home immediatly of course. Worried about what that was all about.....

Most of it probably had to do with the cold. Lipo batteries don’t do well in the cold.

It certainly could cause low voltage, but if the current draw were within specification, even if the voltage goes low, then it should not report high current.
I was thinking that even a normal current draw, and more if trying to ascend, on a low voltage battery could report a high current draw error message. It depends on the parameters that DJI go set up and interprets as being a high current draw..

Here is a snapshot of my flight data for the first error message They came wihtin seconds of each other. Was in a slow decent from about 300 feet. If there is additional data I can access let me know - I need to learn to do it anyway.

I was thinking that even a normal current draw, and more if trying to ascend, on a low voltage battery could report a high current draw error message. It depends on the parameters that DJI go set up and interprets as being a high current draw..

I'm working on the assumption, based on previous logs, that high current is a current that exceeds a pre-determined value. If that's the case then I can't see why a "normal" current draw which would, by definition, be below that level, would trigger that message.

OK - so I need to know how to access and view that data. I can Google search it if it's too complicated for a quick overview here. I'd like you guys to take a look that's for sure.

Based upon your experience, what are the most common causes of the high current draw error message similar to what the OP is experiencing? My experience has shown that people flying in sport mode and using abrupt maneuvers on a full battery tend to get this message.
I'm working on the assumption, based on previous logs, that high current is a current that exceeds a pre-determined value. If that's the case then I can't see why a "normal" current draw which would, by definition, be below that level, would trigger that message.

Based upon your experience, what are the most common causes of the high current draw error message similar to what the OP is experiencing? My experience has shown that people flying in sport mode and using abrupt maneuvers on a full battery tend to get this message.

That's what I've seen too. Full throttle plus full elevator often generates that message. In this case it sounds like it was something else. I'd wonder about icing on the props first. Or perhaps the "high current" value is more than just a simple current value, and does factor in voltage drop. Let's see what the log shows.

I can not for the life of me figure out the DatCon site and how to open DAT files. I used AirData and it basically looks like the same info I posted above. How the heck do I easily view a log / .DAT file on my MAC??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee