DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nasty9999

Reactions
Welcome to my story of Gimbal Motor Overload.

Around 4 months ago I starting getting the dreaded GMO pop up while flying my Mavic 2 Zoom. The camera wouldn't stabilize and thought that's not ideal, packed it away and decided to sort it at a later date. Couple of weeks later I took it out for a fly and after a minute up pops the Gimbal Motor Overloaded message.

Fast forward a few months, I purchased a replacement Gimbal YR Axis Arm/Motor Assembly. Installed this yesterday and now have an issue where the gimbal will not center itself when after turning on. If I give it a few flicks it seems to right itself. If I run the python JointCoarse calibration if starts and finishes without issue and centers the gimbal. If I run the LinearHall calibration it starts and then sh#ts itself after a couple of seconds and doesn't finish.

Very strange....

I also still have the Gimbal Motor Overload error. I'm now running through a list of what else could possibly be causing the issues/fixes
  • Pitch motor, this is the only motor in the gimbal assembly that hasn't been replaced​
  • Gimbal board, could be malfunctioning and causing the issues​
  • Take the hit and get a complete gimbal module replacement​
  • Whole things f#cked, take it out back and shoot it like the dog it is​
There's a link to a quick video below showing the gimbal dance upon start up. If anyone has any pearls of wisdom I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl