DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor Current Error??

Pilot25dmc

Reactions
Hi folks

Got this error today whilst at 250ft. Only came on the screen for a few seconds and then disappeared.

Anyone know if I should be worried? Its the first time I have ever seen it and after looking online it appears to be a fault in the firmware.

I was decending rapidly whilst preparing to land. I took multiple photos for a timelapse before this.

Can anyone explain more?

Attachments

• 0DC76847-68FA-43D4-A71D-FBD74D68EE31.png
    0DC76847-68FA-43D4-A71D-FBD74D68EE31.png
    675.9 KB · Views: 117
It's a known issue in the .0400 firmware. Many of us have held off upgrading for that very reason. Unfortunately that's all DJI will say about it now, and that they will fix it "in an upcoming release".

Weird. I updated the firmware about a month ago and have flown 6-7 times since without any issue.

Odd how its only shown up now.

Hopefully they sort it out soon.

It probably happened when you were descending at maximum rate while still moving forward at 100%. I can reproduce this error at will by doing this. It's always accompanied by the motors sounding choppy.

Yep, had a feeling that may have been a factor, thats why I included the controller input overlay on the playback.

I think I was flying into the wind as well.

Will keep my eye on it, its the first time its happened in 30+ flights.

Reactions: jaykay
Hi folks

Got this error today whilst at 250ft. Only came on the screen for a few seconds and then disappeared.

Anyone know if I should be worried? Its the first time I have ever seen it and after looking online it appears to be a fault in the firmware.

I was decending rapidly whilst preparing to land. I took multiple photos for a timelapse before this.

Can anyone explain more?

I clicked on your image to see what the fault was and immediately recognised the area on the map and realised you are only up the road from me!

Weird. I updated the firmware about a month ago and have flown 6-7 times since without any issue.

Odd how its only shown up now.

Hopefully they sort it out soon.
Same thing just happend yo me yesterday as well as saying that no gps with 18 satellites on me! I was at emerald isle and it was as little bit windy but nothing that I haven't flown in before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-194340.jpg
    Screenshot_20180624-194340.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
Mine has not done it since. Been careful not to use full power descending whilst also going forwards.

I hit this a bunch while I was flying down in Oregon last week. Mostly on windy days, I think during descent. This one is returning from Helix shot so I wasn't throttling hard, 1.3mph. It doesn't seem to effect anything, but it surely makes me nervous. Anxiously awaiting an update.

Screenshot_2018-07-16-20-20-32_zps8ukmprbo.png

Reactions: mad monkey
Supposedly it happens when you push to decrease altitude but increase speed (as in approach, left stick down, right stick up). DJI says its just a bogus warning and not to worry, still, it is worrying...

E.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada