DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor overload aircraft will slow down to ensure safety

Squamer

Reactions
After numerous flights and really testing out the mavic Air I’m 50/50 on it still, that review will come after 5 more flights.

Yesterday while out in sport mode I kept getting “Warning motor overload. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety” messages. And the drone would surely at full throttle slow down to like 10mph. Normally I’d say no big deal but I do fly in wind a lot and this would’ve sucked if it prevented me from having that needed power to get Home against the wind .
Any one else been getting this?

Are you flying full throttle in sport mode and rapidly accelerating and then jamming on the brakes? If so, you can expect to get that message and possibly a battery error message.

Are you flying full throttle in sport mode and rapidly accelerating and then jamming on the brakes? If so, you can expect to get that message and possibly a battery error message.

No jamming on the breaks. But just flying into a slight headwind at full throttle to cut through it.

Not putting you down at all, but why are you trying to fly this as if it's a racing drone and not expecting problems like this. What some of you don't seem to understand is this is a flying camera platform, not a flying machine. It's not built to perform high speed, high torque maneuvers. No one I know is going to try filming something at 45mph. If you fly it at the edge of its design parameters, you're going to run into faults like this.

Not putting you down at all, but why are you trying to fly this as if it's a racing drone and not expecting problems like this. What some of you don't seem to understand is this is a flying camera platform, not a flying machine. It's not built to perform high speed, high torque maneuvers. No one I know is going to try filming something at 45mph. If you fly it at the edge of its design parameters, you're going to run into faults like this.

42.5 mph, actually. They literally designed it to film at that speed. If they didn’t want you to do it they wouldn’t allow it. “Sport mode” says it all. I have never once seen this message and I beat the crap out of mine. I regularly accelerate and emergency brake in all wind conditions.

“Not a flying machine.” What does this even mean? A fpv racing drone is also a flying camera platform. It has a camera and flys.

I’ve never had these warnings and I rip sport mode in high winds. Most of my flying is lake side and that’s all we get. My speeds are constant. I’m betting you do more racing elements than you think.

Other poster Is correct, this is a flying camera. Cadillac as opposed to a vette

Reactions: renogeno
I fly in high winds a lot, simply because of my location. Sport mode is the best way to get to where I want to film in a hurry -- then I switch over to something a little more "cinematic". Never seen this error.

I do exactly this as well, never had issues. I also never try to fly around like a racing drone, ever.
I fly in high winds a lot, simply because of my location. Sport mode is the best way to get to where I want to film in a hurry -- then I switch over to something a little more "cinematic". Never seen this error.

Havent seen this either and this was in hot summer weather with wind where the battery got to 72Celcius. Full sports mode out and back - 9min flight with 20% battery remaining.

High altitude?

No. Basically what I was doing was flying 20-30 feet over a beach, a distance of maybe 1100feet out. I made my pass down the beach in P mode. Turned around and was heading into the wind, decided to put it in sport mode to bring it home quicker and kept getting this message. Have never seen it with my Mavic Pro. I’m by no means new to this anymore with over 250 flights but the air just struggled to get back at 10 mph. My concern was having this happen and not making it back through the wind. Otherwise I’ve flown my air in strong strong Maui winds with zero issues and have loved how it handles it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload