DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Motor replacement question.

Perhaps you could show me exactly what can be achieved with this technique so that I can see whether it's something I want to get into.
So, you want to know why. As they say, "Seeing is Believing…"

You can post a photo like this…

pond.png

Or you can post a Photosphere that shows the whole area, all 360 degrees, North, East, South, and West; and even Up and Down… All with Zoom Capability simply be scrolling with your mouse on your PC or your finger on your Phone or Tablet…

Click Here… Same area as in the photo, which would you prefer to view?

Enough reason for you?

can't see what's so special about it I'm afraid...

Chedder-Man, I do not know if you are just missing the point or you are totally unimpressed with seeing everything everywhere.

In your Beautiful Photo, and it is Nice, it is only one photo. You can only see what is in front of the camera for an 82 degree wide-angle photo as permitted by your drone's camera.

A Photosphere is made up of 25 different photos all stitched together. When the drone shoots a photosphere, it points the camera and shoots up high, straight out, and then down low, and it does this 8 times, and then finally it shoots straight down to photograph everything, Up Down, Left Right, underneath, and even behind it.

The photosphere allows you to use your mouse or fingertip to scroll all around the location.

If you had shot a photosphere of this location, you could see if there were ships out at sea on the left, you could see if there are villages off to the right, and you would know what is behind the drone, is it another mountain, more ocean, maybe even an eagle raptor ready to rip your little drone out of the sky…

If Photospheres are not your thing, that's fine… Just enjoy your little baby no matter what you do with it…

Reactions: Gagey52
Yes, missing the point, Sorry!
Thanks for the explanation LT, understood and appreciated.
And this is an automatic function within the Fly App? Don't remember seeing it in the menus? I must investigate 🤔

Finally got around to repair today, here is the video I followed and some pics I took. I gotta say it was actually quite straightforward and not very complex especially compared to the original Mavic mini. My soldering skills are amateur at best so be kind :) I also used some hot glue to secure the wires in position and reduce vibration before putting it back together as DJI did. The only annoying step was the arm hinge which is a bit tricky to get back into position. Did a test flight where I let it hover for a few minutes before putting the covers back in place. Thanks everyone for your help!
Thanks for sharing mate, I’ll file that away for future use.
Regards

Yes, missing the point, Sorry!
Thanks for the explanation LT, understood and appreciated.
And this is an automatic function within the Fly App? Don't remember seeing it in the menus? I must investigate
Just a bit more explanation…

The Photosphere is called "Globe" in the DJI Fly App. In the link below, you will see how to access this feature on your in your DJI Fly App for the camera…

Photospheres Part II -- How to do it...

The main difference between a straight photograph and a Photosphere/Globe is that you only need a standard app that will let you see the photo; for instance: you can view photos in Chrome, file viewer, paint, photo viewer, Gallery, and many, many more apps or programs.

To properly view a Photosphere, you need a Special Viewer that will project the image properly. These Viewers are available to download, but why bother, simply link the Photosphere from their published location…

For instance, This morning, I created a new photosphere and all 25 photographs that make up the photosphere were stitched together by the DJI Fly App into a 4096 x 2048 pixel photograph and I've included it below. Without the special viewer, everything near the top or bottom of the photo is all out of whack. The pier that is bent as if it "took the wrong turn" is actually straight as an arrow.

Bethel Lake Over the Piers.jpg

So, without the special viewer, no one would be impressed with this photo, but I've published it in Google Earth and on Google Maps. Everyone, everywhere who has access to the internet and who looks up this location in their map will find a BLUE Circle that they can click on look all over the place, like floating in a balloon… So, if you click on the link below, you can scroll all around and even see what's behind the drone…

Big Bethel Reservoir over the Piers…

Photospheres are not for everyone, as I said, it requires a special viewer. It's not like you can copy the base photo over to your computer or phone or even email it to a friend because if you are not viewing it in a special viewer, it just plain looks weird…

Fly Safe…

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Hey there Loud Thunder. Just went back to you first post for Photosphering and notice you're using a Galaxy Tab2.
I'm just selling my Tab2 because it keeps giving me issues, like the Fly App closing while in flight!!
Have you had any issues like that? I suspect not as you are still using it.

Just fired the Tab 2 up again to have a go at a Sphere over my back garden.............Screenshot_20220701-152515.jpg

Oh well, it works very nicely but not really my thing..........

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42