DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

In my former career as software engineer we would have called this whole episode 'a bug in the documentation'.

We can reasonably assume Dji knew there was a problem, and knew how to fix it procedurally (why else would they put a sticker in the case, which I never looked at closely until it was spotlighted on this forum, I daresay I'm not the only one).

So why did Dji not just come clean and put more emphasis on the documentation and importance of their procedural fix, lame as their fix actually is? I think I just answered my own question there.

I think you did.

I just joined this forum to say I too was getting the motor speed errors on the back left motor. Having changed the propellers I still got the error on the same motor. I then downgraded the firmware to 0.400 and have had no issues since.

I just joined this forum to say I too was getting the motor speed errors on the back left motor. Having changed the propellers I still got the error on the same motor. I then downgraded the firmware to 0.400 and have had no issues since.

No - downgrading the firmware just prevented the message - it hasn't fixed the problem.

Yes I read the thread. However, if changing the propellers still isn't fixing the error then what else could it be?

That suggests that the new props are also deformed. Have you pulled the DAT logs to check the motor speeds? Are you getting full forwards speed in sport mode?

I had those same issues. I returned it to DJI with flight records clearly showing uncommanded decent. (Many on this forum analyzed and agreed). DJI said "no evidence of malfunction". Then wanted me to pay full replacement for the drone due to "gimbal corrosion". The drone was 1 month old with less than 2 hours flight time! Good luck trying to get your issues handled! I just bought a M2Z and sold the mini.

I had those same issues. I returned it to DJI with flight records clearly showing uncommanded decent. (Many on this forum analyzed and agreed). DJI said "no evidence of malfunction". Then wanted me to pay full replacement for the drone due to "gimbal corrosion". The drone was 1 month old with less than 2 hours flight time! Good luck trying to get your issues handled! I just bought a M2Z and sold the mini.

DJI seems to have been perfectly willing to replace Minis where this problem caused losses or damage to the aircraft. Your experience suggests that they don't want to replace it just because of this behavior - probably because they know that the replacement will be just the same. They have supplied replacement props in some cases.

It resulted in a crash. List signal, RTH activated, landed where is was. 1300' away. I had the whole thing on video.

Did you supply the flight data to DJI and actually point out that the cause of the problem was clearly shown in the logs? If so then you were unlucky with that response, and should have escalated it.

I did provide flight data... It's on this forum still. I just got so frustrated with the whole process with DJI that I had them ship it back and bought the M2.

I did provide flight data... It's on this forum still. I just got so frustrated with the whole process with DJI that I had them ship it back and bought the M2.

Yes - I just looked back at your thread. That was a clear warranty case - you gave up too easily.

I know I did! The good news is... It got me to buy the M2Z! Which has been flawless. I also sold the Mini within 3 days. So all ended up well!
PS: the mini buyer was experienced phantom flyer and was aware of the issue I had.

Reactions: sar104
I was flying my mini quite some time with really shabby props, one even was ripped, but the mini flew perfect and did not complain. Eventually I took the time to change the props. After that also no proplems when flying, as expected. Some days later I updated the firmware, and now I get this motor speed error. Guess what? It is the left rear engine. Even though no visisble problem is recognisable.

I'm eager to see how things will continue!

PS.: If one longs to see my old props: I did a video about changing them:

Last edited:
I believe that someone a lot wiser than I has stated that the problem always existed, and now the new software flags a warning.

Just punching in that I got the same message now. Rear Right, changed props but still same issue.
Been stored in my flymore case så maybe it's my fault. Pulled it out after a month or so away, updated and just hoovered for 5 mins before the error came up.
The drone started to make bang noise (probably from the propellers).

Not had any issues with it before if you don't take into account the signal loss, loss of forward power, strong wind warnings (even if it's no wind) and so on..

Should have gone for the M2.

Hello everyone,
I just found this thread after having some issues with my Mavic Mini, too - my Mavic Mini even droped out of the air, without touching anything...

Last week I have been to a flight in order to test the new feature (shutter speed for videos) in the forest. I have flown for about 4 minutes when suddenly my Mavic Mini droped out of the air. Luckly I didn't fly with high altitude and I also recorded it (see link:
). Even the crash looks really weird for me. It lost its altitude with a constant speed before crashing on the ground.
After a first quick check it seems that the drone wasnot damaged but ever since I also got the motor speed warning after I flew for a couple of minutes. I already change all rotors, but it didn't help.

Now, I am not entirely sure what to do. Should I contact DJI support, in case anything was damage with my drone? In addition, I lost completly the trust in this product. Just image if the drone would crashed like this over a river or lake. I maybe would never be able to get the drone and I am not sure if DJI would belive me that it wasnt my fault!

Best regards,
Wunder0

I agree, that is totally weird. You were lucky it didn't lose lift a second or two earlier, it might have hit you in the face.

Compared to my own uncommanded descents that drop was very fast, almost a free fall.

Questions:

1. Was it windy?
2. Did the motor(s) sound change in any way?

Hello everyone,
I just found this thread after having some issues with my Mavic Mini, too - my Mavic Mini even droped out of the air, without touching anything...

Last week I have been to a flight in order to test the new feature (shutter speed for videos) in the forest. I have flown for about 4 minutes when suddenly my Mavic Mini droped out of the air. Luckly I didn't fly with high altitude and I also recorded it (see link:
). Even the crash looks really weird for me. It lost its altitude with a constant speed before crashing on the ground.
After a first quick check it seems that the drone wasnot damaged but ever since I also got the motor speed warning after I flew for a couple of minutes. I already change all rotors, but it didn't help.

Now, I am not entirely sure what to do. Should I contact DJI support, in case anything was damage with my drone? In addition, I lost completly the trust in this product. Just image if the drone would crashed like this over a river or lake. I maybe would never be able to get the drone and I am not sure if DJI would belive me that it wasnt my fault!

Best regards,
Wunder0

That looks just like other uncommanded descents that I've seen. Have you checked the flight log?

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe