DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

@rehkram : Yeah you are right, getting the drone in my face really sux. But also if you fly over water and have this behaviour is completly dangerous now!
1. No it was a really relaxed day. In addition, I was flying inside the forest so it was even more protected from wind.
2. I had the impression that the drone sounded more silent after changing the rotors. For this reason I thought that maybe my old rotors were just bad (but still looked exactly the same). First, I thought this would solve my issue, but after 5 minutes flying I had the motor speed warning again...

@sar104 Not yet, where is the flight log stored, also the SD card?

@rehkram : Yeah you are right, getting the drone in my face really sux. But also if you fly over water and have this behaviour is completly dangerous now!
1. No it was a really relaxed day. In addition, I was flying inside the forest so it was even more protected from wind.
2. I had the impression that the drone sounded more silent after changing the rotors. For this reason I thought that maybe my old rotors were just bad (but still looked exactly the same). First, I thought this would solve my issue, but after 5 minutes flying I had the motor speed warning again...

@sar104 Not yet, where is the flight log stored, also the SD card?

I checked the flight log and at least I had the message "additional load detected", but I was flying without any additional load at all. Really weird is that the flight log ends direcetly when it flew over me, so the flight log is only 4:06 minutes long, while the whole recorded video is 4:35! (and I even did not record the first few seconds...).
I also can remember that I had the message Impact detected on my screen, but I do not see it here in the log...

At least for me the motor speed warning did appeare after the crash. They are visible in the App (Red circle and a message) and also in the logs.

I checked the flight log and at least I had the message "additional load detected", but I was flying without any additional load at all. Really weird is that the flight log ends direcetly when it flew over me, so the flight log is only 4:06 minutes long, while the whole recorded video is 4:35! (and I even did not record the first few seconds...).
I also can remember that I had the message Impact detected on my screen, but I do not see it here in the log...

Without actually seeing the log I can't help you any further.

Of course I could also upload the log here, but I think it would not be helpfull, since it ended early. I already contacted the DJI support. I just wanted to aware you of a potential crash while flying. At the moment I completely lost the trust in the DJI mavic mini.

I keep you updated if I get feedback from the DJI support :)

Of course I could also upload the log here, but I think it would not be helpfull, since it ended early. I already contacted the DJI support. I just wanted to aware you of a potential crash while flying. At the moment I completely lost the trust in the DJI mavic mini.

I keep you updated if I get feedback from the DJI support :)

The log will not have ended before the aircraft hit the ground.

I bought my Mavic Mini (my first dji) last week, all my flights have been made in the 500v. A few days and flights later without having any error, the famous error has appeared. It appeared on the left rear prop after a flight in a windy day. I usually use the fly more case to storage the MM but I saw the folding instructions the day that I received the from, so if I have storages the drone improperly, it could only have been a few times. I'm new in dji, what should I do? Maybe contact to dji? Have they sent someone new propellers for this?

I had the error show up in my new drone which I unboxed yesterday, but then I updated the firmware once again using DJI Assistant, and it disappeared. it seems the firmware update over the phone is not installing properly.

I bought my Mavic Mini (my first dji) last week, all my flights have been made in the 500v. A few days and flights later without having any error, the famous error has appeared. It appeared on the left rear prop after a flight in a windy day. I usually use the fly more case to storage the MM but I saw the folding instructions the day that I received the from, so if I have storages the drone improperly, it could only have been a few times. I'm new in dji, what should I do? Maybe contact to dji? Have they sent someone new propellers for this?
Today I have flown the MM and the error has disappeared without doing anything.

I just had it happen yesterday to my Left rear Motor. Changed the props on the left rear side and took it for a test today and now the right rear motor is giving the same error but not the left? Just changed the right rear blades now and going to go give it a test to see if that solves it. I have been using a rubber band around the MM to keep the blades in place when stored in its case. So maybe it’s causing the blades to warp as stated by FoxhallGH in the second post? I’ll report back after my test...

Took it for a full test flight with a fresh battery and no errors after replacing both sets of rear props. First it happened with the left rear motor then the right rear motor reported the same motor speed error. Even put it in sport mode for the last 10 min to make sure and it flew like a champ. I‘ll be making sure I keep my rear props horizontal when storing in the fly more case and no more rubberband around the drone for the props. Definitely must have been warping the props. Hope that helps with others having the same issue. Rise Above and Stay Safe!

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Today I have flown the MM and the error has disappeared without doing anything.
Maybe the high winds caused it to error if it was fighting the wind? The props on the MM are very thin compared to my Mavic Pro props and with the latest firmware update there trying to use software to watch for unusual change in motor speed to catch the warped blades issue. I just had to replace both of my rear props because of the same issue. It would be great if DJI would replace the blades as there case is causing the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: rehkram
I've been intermittently getting the motor speed error for the rear left rotor (drone front facing away from me). I do have the flymore kit and thought it might be damaged rotor blades. I ordered a new set of rotors and upon installing them I noticed that the rotor in question does seem to move less smoothly than the others. when rotating counter clockwise it seems to stick a bit. Anyone seen this or have any recommendations?

Last edited:
Same exact problem, right after the update. Be interesting to see if the issue persists reverting to a Previous firmware ver. This is unlikely a blade issue in my case, as soon as I land the quad and re-takeoff, the error may not comeback for another 2 or 3 flights. I noticed the problem only seems to happen when I take off and gain altitude in P mode quickly. Going to test in C mode, to see if the issue is still present. if this is DJI’s way of testing a fix, it would be incredibly poor practice on their part, causing more issues without notifying their customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noah McDonough
Same exact problem, right after the update. Be interesting to see if the issue persists reverting to a Previous firmware ver .
Did some light flying just to test out the new blades and check snugness on all the screws after first flight. So far so good.

There are 9 pages on this site regarding this issue, many users experiencing motor errors and descents, is there any word from DJI on these issues. Where is customer support..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan