DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

Hi guys, new member, got my mm this week.

Updated firmware yesterday, had 3 normal flights then got the motor speed error, back left motor after pushing it out a bit too far, kicked in at same time as auto rth.

I left it sit for two minutes then took off again and no warning.

Seems like it's triggered by certain in flight conditions after firmware update. Don't think it possible to assume any particular action fixes it without more time to test.

I had the same problem first flight after latest firmware update. Changed the rear props, problem solved. I don’t know why but, whatever. It’s fine now.

I have exactly the same issue, just updated firmware and got the motor speed error. Diagnostic shows rear left motor/props to be the cause..... very odd that so many have the same fault. I did note that the update did stall and needed a retry, could this be the cause due to an erroneous update? I decided to revert back to previous version using DJI Assistant and flew the mini with no problems reported. However, the fault returned as soon as I installed the latest version, this time with DJI Assistant.....It certainly points to an issue with the latest firmware. Hopefully DJI can provide the answer.

Last edited:
Guys, just reinstall firmware using DJI Assistant 2 PC app. This solves the problem.
It didn't fix it for me. I've had to revert back to previous version which works fine with no errors reported.

Same here. After update rear left motor.
Swapped rear left to front right and error was gone.

Should be a bug otherwise i would had it on front right also

it is remarkable that everyone is saying "back left motor". are we part of a beta test group?

Back Right motor here, same error.
After the update.

When I got the message i landed, (from a hight of 200 meter), turn off the drone, turn it on and fly again with no errors.

After I read all the posts I had the firmware installed twice on each battery using DJI Assistant (maybe that was overkill :rolleyes:) and also on the RC. Flew this morning just like 5 minutes in P Mode. Did ups and downs, yaws both sides, rotates left and right, all with full deflection and full stops. No issues.

Yes I got the same after flying my mm after fw update it is telling me to changes my props and yes i have the flymore combo.
I checked my props as per any flight no nicks no visible bents
Rob
I'm getting the same issue on mine right rear motor, no visible dents or marks on the prop since I upgraded firmware.

I think my issue was on the rear left motor but I am not sure - any way to check this with flight logs (couldn't figure it out with airdata?)

Is it possible that there is some confusion about whether it’s right or left rear motor error? Am I correct to say, that to establish motor location, it is as if one were sitting in the drone piloting it or hold it In your hand with the front of the drone facing away from you?
Stay safe everyone. Happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv