DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOTOR SPEED ERROR MAVIC MINI

I should add, that along with having this same issue, i've only had the mavic mini for a week and have only flown 4 times before the FW update. Short flight session, just getting used to the system. No bird strikes or anything like that. lol.

I'm fairly confident that I've isolated the cause of the previous lack of pitch/uncommanded descent problem, and that the issues being reported with the new firmware are simply DJI's attempt to fix that problem with a somewhat clunky flight control modification. I plan to run what I hope will be definitive tests on the new firmware tomorrow. The analysis of the behavior under FW 0400 is explained here:

Reactions: lobstaman
Hi everyone
I bought my Mavic Mini Fly more combo 3 weeks ago.
I installed the new firmware last Friday at night. Yesterday morning I flew for about 20 minutes and 2 KM and everything was good.
Today I received the "motor speed" error message two minutes after the take off. Then I restart the Drone, fly again and got the same error.
I replace all propels of the aircraft, then I tested again for 20 minutes and no errors come.
I'll let you know if the error come again, but anyway, we should take care about the propels.

Hi,
I had the same issue.

1. I wonder if everybody had problém on the same motor (right rear on picture)
Opera Snímka obrazovky_2020-04-27_094252_www.mall.cz.png

2. If replaced propeller was eliminate the error.

I got the same 'motor speed error' after the upgrade.
I restarted a few times and every time it indicated left rear motor.
To test wether it was the motor or the props, I switched the blades with the front right motor. Now, the problem moved to front right, so I knew the props were the cause and not the motor.
After installing new blades, the error went away.

I inspected the old props and I must say they were indeed a little bit damaged.

20200426_124801.jpg

Attachments

• 20200426_124801.jpg
    20200426_124801.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: segi
Guys.....dont replace the props, just swap them. I did this and no errors anymore. Flew 1,5h since swap and no errors...am i the only one?

Guys.....dont replace the props, just swap them. I did this and no errors anymore. Flew 1,5h since swap and no errors...am i the only one?
If there is a difference in 'shape' between the prop blades on the front, and the ones on the rear, then you are just transferring the problem and it will still manifest, but in a different situation. That would make me nervous because you don't know when things are not going to work as expected ...

I just dont do upgrades anymore. Frankly they usually always come with issues. Not ideal I know but for me and my circumstances working out fine.

The mini is my first dji Drone, after updating yesterday I took it out to fly. And when I was 600 meters out the engine error appeared. It scared the living daylights out of me, and it's the same left rear engine that has an error like with other users.
It scares me that a Top Drone manufacturer can send an update that can crash your Drone, unbelievable that an update can cause such problems, don't they test updates?, my gods, so Im scared to fly it now, it's a beautiful day and I like to fly, thanks DJI for ruining a perfect flying Drone, let's throw in an update and scares lots of users, it feels very amareuristic.

Hi,
I had the same issue.

1. I wonder if everybody had problém on the same motor (right rear on picture)
View attachment 99731

2. If replaced propeller was eliminate the error.

Yes, I had the error from the same motor and I replace the 8 propels in the aircraft.Until now this fix the problem. Yesterday I flew during 20 minutes without troubles.

Reactions: segi
The mini is my first dji Drone, after updating yesterday I took it out to fly. And when I was 600 meters out the engine error appeared. It scared the living daylights out of me, and it's the same left rear engine that has an error like with other users.
It scares me that a Top Drone manufacturer can send an update that can crash your Drone, unbelievable that an update can cause such problems, don't they test updates?, my gods, so Im scared to fly it now, it's a beautiful day and I like to fly, thanks DJI for ruining a perfect flying Drone, let's throw in an update and scares lots of users, it feels very amareuristic.
I scared also the living daylights out of me! But the MM was stil good flying, I was 200 m high, and descend immeditly...

What strikes me was the 5 to 6 times engine calibrating during updating, it
I scared also the living daylights out of me! But the MM was stil good flying, I was 200 m high, and descend immeditly...
Yeah, it's flying fine, had it fly stationary for 10 minutes, no problem, it has only got 2,5 hours flight time, not a single error occurred and after this update things started to go wrong, I have no intention to undo the update, this is just very amateuristic to launch an update which scares your buyers/users in this manner. So I don't know how quick DJI is with updating updates but until then my MM is grounded.

What strikes me was the 5 to 6 times engine calibrating during updating, it

Yeah, it's flying fine, had it fly stationary for 10 minutes, no problem, it has only got 2,5 hours flight time, not a single error occurred and after this update things started to go wrong, I have no intention to undo the update, this is just very amateuristic to launch an update which scares your buyers/users in this manner. So I don't know how quick DJI is with updating updates but until then my MM is grounded.
Well, downgraded to 4.00 and voila, no error codes, I will wait for 6.00 instead of 5.00 ?

Well, downgraded to 4.00 and voila, no error codes, I will wait for 6.00 instead of 5.00 ?
Hi, as an absolute newbie to drones can someone give a few steps to rolling back the update?
I updated on Saturday evening and first flight this morning , same error on rear left motor, I've read through this thread but no idea how to roll back the firmware?
Many Thanks

Reactions: PaulNH
Oh what the heck. I might as well add a "ME TOO" to the list. Been flying my mini all winter long, mountain hikes, lakes, back yard... .Zero issues. Updated and BAM same error messages. I also noticed that it was much louder than prior flights. Landed, turned off the motors, restarted everything... 20' into the air and again the same Error message.

If there is a difference in 'shape' between the prop blades on the front, and the ones on the rear, then you are just transferring the problem and it will still manifest, but in a different situation. That would make me nervous because you don't know when things are not going to work as expected ...
You better change props i think. DjI says thank you. Heard that this problem even with new props occurs. If props are bend or dammaged the error will stay. After update the error occurs. When swapped it was gone.....software bug. This left rear motor is to sensitive

Hi, as an absolute newbie to drones can someone give a few steps to rolling back the update?
I updated on Saturday evening and first flight this morning , same error on rear left motor, I've read through this thread but no idea how to roll back the firmware?
Many Thanks
Download dji assistent 2 for Mavic on your pc/laptop, do what the app tells you to do. Downgrad
Many Thanks
Download dji assistent 2 for Mavic, plug in your Mavic mini, downgrade to 0.400, the one from December 2019, and voila, no more errors. I Will wait for 0.600 ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom