DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Mount Charleston Snowfall

tck444

Reactions
About 30 miles north of Las Vegas a nice change of scenery from the hectic city and some views very seldom associated with Sin City.

Less than 3 minutes total run time and much appreciated if you watch to the end. All comments and critiques welcome!

Nice! You could do nice parallax move by shooting in 4K, flying straight at one of the mountain peaks, zooming in by resizing the shot in editing, then keyframe a "zoom out" to match the speed of your flying. Just a thought for the future. Loved the panoramic photos.

Thanks! I did a slow zoom-in on some of the shots but perhaps barely noticeable. I was many miles away from the peak and guessing that I would need to be closer to the mountain to get the parallax effect?

What do you think?

I'm not sure distance would matter too much. If you're zoomed in (using "Scale" in post) on one peak and you're flying at it fast, maybe even in Sport mode, then do a "zoom out" using scale in editing, it should have that parallax look. You only need a shot that's 5 to 7 seconds to be effective.

I'm not sure distance would matter too much. If you're zoomed in (using "Scale" in post) on one peak and you're flying at it fast, maybe even in Sport mode, then do a "zoom out" using scale in editing, it should have that parallax look. You only need a shot that's 5 to 7 seconds to be effective.
Thanks, I will give it a try !

About 30 miles north of Las Vegas a nice change of scenery from the hectic city and some views very seldom associated with Sin City.

Less than 3 minutes total run time and much appreciated if you watch to the end. All comments and critiques welcome!

Nice video. We lived in Las Vegas for a few years and would head up to Mt. Charleston to escape the heat. We live in Colorado now and Mt. Charleston has always reminded me of here. The desert southwest has some great scenery to fly around.

Nice video. We lived in Las Vegas for a few years and would head up to Mt. Charleston to escape the heat. We live in Colorado now and Mt. Charleston has always reminded me of here. The desert southwest has some great scenery to fly around.
Thanks, Made a similar video a few weeks ago about Central Nevada along US 93. Some lovely and rather isolated areas along the route!

Reactions: RkyMtnHigh
Great shots - thanks for sharing! We often camp up in that region to escape the desert heat when passing through southern Nevada on our way to the Pacific NW from New Mexico. Seems like we always manage to make that transit in July/August/September when the temperatures in the desert are above 100 F! That range is a great relief for a cooler night. However, might be too cool right now....

Howard

Great shots - thanks for sharing! We often camp up in that region to escape the desert heat when passing through southern Nevada on our way to the Pacific NW from New Mexico. Seems like we always manage to make that transit in July/August/September when the temperatures in the desert are above 100 F! That range is a great relief for a cooler night. However, might be too cool right now....

Howard
I was surprised to learn about all the free camping sites in America with more than 150 just in Nevada.
Pahranagat National Wildlife Refuge was one of the photos in the video. Not much in the way of amenities, but completely free. Also, I reacquainted myself with the term, "Boondocking"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech