DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Mount Charleston Nevada

Sure shows how wide open Nevada is. Was that road, 395?

The video was captured last weekend on my short trip to Mount Charleston which is located about 40 miles north of Las Vegas.

All comments welcome

Had hoped you went up the mountain. Up nearer the top is far cooler - both temp and land conditions - actual trees and such.

Been over a good decade since up to Charlie and doing some skiing in Lee Canyon in winter.

Sure shows how wide open Nevada is. Was that road, 395?
95 runs up from Vegas towards Tonopah and on to Reno - that goes past Mt. Charlie.

2 routes up to the top, but SR156 is almost a straight shot from 95 up towards Lee Canyon. It's great coming down and coasting it (would be awesome on one of those lay flat skate board kind of riders). Can get going really fast and used to not be too bad as few if any homes were on that road, unlike SR158 which is pretty curvy and has many homes on it.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Had hoped you went up the mountain. Up nearer the top is far cooler - both temp and land conditions - actual trees and such.

Been over a good decade since up to Charlie and doing some skiing in Lee Canyon in winter.
Yes, it was a rather cool morning in November without reaching the peak. I will make a return trip later to capture some actual snow scenes

95 runs up from Vegas towards Tonopah and on to Reno - that goes past Mt. Charlie.

2 routes up to the top, but SR156 is almost a straight shot from 95 up towards Lee Canyon. It's great coming down and coasting it (would be awesome on one of those lay flat skate board kind of riders). Can get going really fast and used to not be too bad as few if any homes were on that road, unlike SR158 which is pretty curvy and has many homes on it.
I shot the video on RT 156 on my way back to Vegas. The general location was about 5 miles west of US 95

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying