DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio bracket for the r c

Hi,

I took a piece of Plexiglas and cut it to the size and shape I wanted. Then mounted the Moverio's using Velcro. Works like a champ. I purchased one of the 3D printed holders but went back to my original as I did not like the shape of the 3D unit. However the 3D unit was nicely made and a great fit I just did't like the shape. I purchased it on eBay. Thought I might get a 3D printer and roll my own. Just what I need, another hobby, so I put that idea on the back burner.

0504180712.jpg 0504180715.jpg

~Bill

Reactions: Ken Nash and ksmusa
Very nice jtus,

That is more along the look I wanted. It keeps the controller handles at a more natural position. Not having a 3D printer I had to do it the old fashion way. I have played with 3D software and my son-in-law is a mechanical design engineer with lots of 3D design experience. I think I will try convincing him his son needs a 3D printer. I know it is just a matter of time and I will have one.

I have read some people are having a heating issue. Fortunately I have not experienced any heating issues however I generally fly early in the AM when it is cool outside. You might consider opening up the upper area above the Moverio controller in your design to allow additional air flow.

I was thinking should I ever experience a heating issue I would install a small fan under the control unit for increased air flow. You might add a small fan to your design. You could add the grids for finger protection in your design. Maybe even an area to hold a small battery to power the fan. I was also wondering if a heatsink could be attached the back of the Moverio's then passed though a hole in the holder. Not sure how much heat could be transferred without a direct contact with the CPU but you never know.

Again, Very nice!

jtus,

I went to thingiverse and found your design just now. I searched this site a couple of weeks ago looking for a design like yours but for some reason I missed yours. Now all I need is a printer.hum... fathers day is getting close....

Thanks to you and people like you for making the designs available.

~Bill

I was just flying it's 75 deg outside now and seems to be cooler than with the black holder. I also designed a white cover with lots of holes to shade the right sun. Here are some photos.IMG_8671.JPGIMG_1996.JPG

Great idea, Perhaps you could open up the sides and bottom so you could place a finger under the sun shield and still control the Moverio's. It's amazing how much cooler things can run run with a sun shield and the right color. I am an RF engineer and had to design a 2 way radio that had to operate in the desert sun. It was amazing how much the temperature dropped after painting the housing white and adding a sun shield. Heat dissipation is always problem with electronics.

Here is my latest thought on keeping the controller as cool as possible. The controller gets hot on the top where the touch pad is. So I added a small fan with it's own power supply via batteries under the controller. Note I'm using a small adjustable voltage regulator to only supply the fan with 5.5 volts as the batteries put out 7.4 volts. See the attached pictures.
IMG_6218.JPG IMG_9238.JPG IMG_7786.JPG IMG_4802.JPG IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1950.JPG
I just tested the white cover with the fan today. It's 85° F and not cloud in the sky. I was in bright sun. The touch pad stayed under 92°F or 33°C. I had no problems at all through out the entire flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: EpsonMoverio
I'm near Philadelphia and we are going to have rain for the next week and a half. So it may be some time until I can fly again.

Here is my latest thought on keeping the controller as cool as possible. The controller gets hot on the top where the touch pad is. So I added a small fan with it's own power supply via batteries under the controller. Note I'm using a small ge regulator to only supply the fan with 5.5 volts as the batteries put out 7.4 volts. See the attached pictures.
I just tested the white cover with the fan today.
It's 85° F and not cloud in the sky. I was in bright sun.
The touch pad stayed under 92°F or 33°C.
I had no problems at all through out the entire flight.
image.png IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1950.JPG IMG_7786.JPG IMG_9238.JPG

The cover just sits on top. so I just flip it onto it's side. After I was done flying the control pad did not even feel warm to the touch. I have also used the cover with no fan and it worked well. It is cooler with the fan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851