DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moverio glasses?

Frustrated

Reactions
Looking to step up my drone experience flying. Not sure what the difference between a Moverio BT 350 BT 300 and a 30 is . Are there any pilots out there that can't live without these glasses? Thanks.

I don't know about live without, but my bt 300's is my preferred way of flying, and I have 2 Crystalskys' to boot. It's just gives me the best view and perspective while keeping me within the FAA guild lines.

Reactions: pelagic_one
If you have a smart controller then the BT 350 is what you'll need.

For the Smart Controller, since it has an HDMI (and USB-C) output, wouldn’t the recommended Moverio model be the BT-35 instead of BT-350?

EE9A34F4-E79A-45B5-ADE2-7C0F5FE1E3CD.jpeg
F4420F3E-73EA-4C8E-A2C7-D92644EDC68A.jpeg

For standard Mavic controller, the BT-300 for FPV is recommended, since it comes preloaded with DJI Go and Go 4, and includes a mount that fits Mavic controllers. The Android module connects to standard Mavic controller via its bottom USB port.

9B9765C8-6A6D-4446-A6B2-9233A0FE3D0B.jpeg

** The BT-300 Developers Edition has no Go 4 app preloaded and does not include a mount that fits Mavic comtrollers. (You may self-install Go 4 and/or Litchi apps, then purchase a third-party Mount for the Android module)

Last edited:
As I mentioned I got the 300s not long after they came out. Baring bright sunlight they are awesome. Mine do need replacing, they are held together by sellotape and bandaids. But now I am confused.
Rattydude77 can you explain or direct me to where it might be explained, a video would be excellent.
The 300s just sit on the P4P controller and simply replace a tablet.

What I want is to see what the drone sees and be able to see the instrument panel right in front of my eyes as well as the drone in its surrounds.

I have a Samsung 6 tablet, massive grunt and memory. But by itself is nowhere near as good as the 300s even when I hold the tablet high, just below my sight of the drone.
And it would be great if I can get what I get with the 300s and it be more durable and easy set up.
For the first time in a while I have a little cash and would not mind paying a bit more. I have ordered the Rochester deal which provides not just the shades but the total enclosure for very bright skys. But the order has been held up for some reason. I know I would then need a spotter.

Last edited:
As I mentioned I got the 300s not long after they came out. Baring bright sunlight they are awesome. Mine do need replacing, they are held together by sellotape and bandaids. But now I am confused.
Rattydude77 can you explain or direct me to where it might be explained, a video would be excellent.
The 300s just sit on the P4P controller and simply replace a tablet.

What I want is to see what the drone sees and be able to see the instrument panel right in front of my eyes as well as the drone in its surrounds.

I have a Samsung 6 tablet, massive grunt and memory. But by itself is nowhere near as good as the 300s even when I hold the tablet high, just below my sight of the drone.
And it would be great if I can get what I get with the 300s and it be more durable and easy set up.
For the first time in a while I have a little cash and would not mind paying a bit more. I have ordered the Rochester deal which provides not just the shades but the total enclosure for very bright skys. But the order has been held up for some reason. I know I would then need a spotter.

Even with the solitaire enclosure, you can still see out the front of the glasses unless you use the full blackout shade, so you won't need a spotter.
The enclosure blocks out a bit more light around the edges, top and bottom of the glasses

Well spent a long time trying to find out which is better for drone usage.

MOVERIO BT-300C
MOVERIO BT-35E
And now there is a 30C!

I cannot find a comparison anywhere that demonstrates which is the better unit.
I know the 300 are amazing except in bright sunshine, because I have used them for three years and when bits are not broken and you can block out the light are simply amazing.
I recall someone saying that with the 35E you have to keep looking down to your device and then back up again to the glasses, that is as a touch pad for navigation and to view data as you see on the GoApp.
I can find no reference to the 30C unit with drone usage. They are the least expensive of all three and the latest and simplest, you will need a device. Robust.

The 300 are now quite outdated (2017) and slow, it's an android device that is a touch pad, so there is only one head movement, looking at the DJI Go app in front of your eyes and a slight eye movement up to see the drone above the eye line of the glasses.
Although the onboard chip is old and slow if you do not clutter it up with other apps works very well. The least robust of all three, so parts break more than the other two.
Expensive, but I think worth it.
The 35E projects an image on your glasses from the output of your android or apple device. Which is why you need to look down at the device then up again to the glasses, I presume.
These are industrial strength and would last a long time and fit better on your head. They will also let you use the power of your device. More expensive than the 300s.
So, I am going for the devil I know, and getting the BT 300 Rochester Combo edition with their shades which you absolutely have to have, believe me. The Solitaire unit that blocks out a lot of light for very bright days. A good mount, a better strap/mechanism to keep the glasses from sliding off or moving.

I hope this helps others on deciding what to purchase, or not.

Rochester Epson Moverio BT-300 FPV-VR Combo not cheap at $1,200AU They do not work with the Mavic Mini but do for all other DJI drones and some other drone manufacturers. I am not sure if the 35E or the 30C work with the MM but I suspect they do.
If you have any more information or opinions please do, comment.

If you have any more information or opinions please do, comment.

For drone use the BT-35e works with hdmi or usb c (DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C ) inputs, so it works with the DJI smart controller and should work with crystal sky which has a hdmi output port.
For drone use it doesn't work with devices with only one port as you have the problem of how to connect the remote controller to the device
The 30c uses a usb-c connector, but it also runs into the problem of how to connect the remote controller to the device if the device port is being used by the glasses.

Have you, or anyone you know, or have you seen any comparisons, between the 300 and the 35e and or the 30c Iannes?
I would have thought someone or some company would have compared them.

Have you, or anyone you know, or have you seen any comparisons, between the 300 and the 35e and or the 30c Iannes?
No I haven't seen comparison but I know In bright sunlight I have no prob seeing the screen in Front of me with the dark shade that comes with the BT35E set

No, I haven't seen any comparison, my personal experience is with the BT-300 and 35e
The BT-300 is the only stand alone option if you don't have a smart controller or crystal sky

Other posters have tried to get the 30c working without much luck

Last edited:
Reactions: John Gowland
You may have ordered something by now, but I don’t see mention of the BT-30C after your inquiry. I just saw a set of BT-30Cs that a flying buddy purchased. They look exactly like my BT-300 glasses, but have no Android-based touchpad. They’re just glasses with a USB-C connector to plug into your mobile device, assuming it has a USB-C port.

Reactions: John Gowland
Note that the BT-300 does not work with the B version of the M2 remotes. Nobody knows what the difference is between the A and B version.

You may have ordered something by now, but I don’t see mention of the BT-30C after your inquiry. I just saw a set of BT-30Cs that a flying buddy purchased. They look exactly like my BT-300 glasses, but have no Android-based touchpad. They’re just glasses with a USB-C connector to plug into your mobile device, assuming it has a USB-C port.

If your mobile device only has one usb-c port (which is most phones and tablets) , how do you connect the BT-30c and the Remote Controller at the same time to it. ?

If your mobile device only has one usb-c port (which is most phones and tablets) , how do you connect the BT-30c and the Remote Controller at the same time to it. ?
So therein lies the primary issue with BT-30c units. I saw the unit my neighbor purchased from a distance in his driveway, but obviously was not getting close enough to try them out. I'm very curious as to intentions at this point, besides viewing content from a mobile device.

Per your earlier post and thread you've shared, the BT-30c is not to be considered for flying.

I have the bt 350s and they work just like a tablet . They do not have a micro sd card slot they have a built in sd card 32gb . They just plug into the mavic controller .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121