DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Moving to an iPhone 6S Plus

Brojon

Reactions
Sheesh. So DJI removed the Samsung S7 from it's supported devices supposedly for an issue they won't/can't fix. Whether it's the phone or Android Nougat, DJI Go crashes randomly - usually while recording.
This lowers my confidence in flying the thing too far and over what terrain.
In asking around it appears that iPad and iPhone users have very few issues so I'm changing my phone to an iPhone 6S Plus.
Anyone need to convince me otherwise? I'm flexible - I just want some reliability.

BTW - I tried two Samsung tablets. The 8" was underpowered and wouldn't connect reliably. The full sized tablet has enough oomph but the wireless hotspot connection is a major bottleneck when loading satellite imagery on the map.
Not to mention heavy.

Sheesh. So DJI removed the Samsung S7 from it's supported devices supposedly for an issue they won't/can't fix. Whether it's the phone or Android Nougat, DJI Go crashes randomly - usually while recording.
This lowers my confidence in flying the thing too far and over what terrain.
In asking around it appears that iPad and iPhone users have very few issues so I'm changing my phone to an iPhone 6S Plus.
Anyone need to convince me otherwise? I'm flexible - I just want some reliability.

I have the galaxy s7 edge running nougat, yes I do get the app crashing some times but the mavic just hovers and then reconnect. Litchi I get no problems with and in my opinion its a much better app.

Reactions: Brojon
I tried to get one used but not much luck finding any under $300.
Weighing the cost versus the PITA of data connection in the field I just opted for the phone.
I tried using the S7 as a hotspot for the Samsung tablet and it was a miserable experience in a good signal area.

I have the galaxy s7 edge running nougat, yes I do get the app crashing some times but the mavic just hovers and then reconnect. Litchi I get no problems with and in my opinion its a much better app.
I'm going to get Litchi for the fantastic mission planning aspect. My source of angst is the fact that a lot of folks are blaming teh instability issues on Android Nougat. Plus I'm just about fed up with Android right now. I'm not an Apple fanboi - I left them long ago when they started playing IOS compatibility games. Now Android is doing it. I usually get 2 years out of a phone and that's an expensive habit. Be nice to settle in with something for a longer haul.

I'm going to get Litchi for the fantastic mission planning aspect. My source of angst is the fact that a lot of folks are blaming teh instability issues on Android Nougat. Plus I'm just about fed up with Android right now. I'm not an Apple fanboi - I left them long ago when they started playing IOS compatibility games. Now Android is doing it. I usually get 2 years out of a phone and that's an expensive habit. Be nice to settle in with something for a longer haul.
two years is tops for most phones due to the non removable batteries now a days I change my mobile far two often.

two years is tops for most phones due to the non removable batteries now a days I change my mobile far two often.
I looked long and hard at lesser known (cheaper) Android phones and couldn't find any consensus on compatibility.
Last phone I had that I could change teh battery on was my Note 2 - which was a great phone. The limiting factor is whether the vendor (AT&T in my case) is willing to do meaningful upgrades. In the case of the iPhone it's Apples decision which is a good deal until they decide that a model isn't supported any more.or IOS is so demanding that the device is brought to its knees as was my old 3G.

Reactions: lostinspace
I looked long and hard at lesser known (cheaper) Android phones and couldn't find any consensus on compatibility.
Last phone I had that I could change teh battery on was my Note 2 - which was a great phone. The limiting factor is whether the vendor (AT&T in my case) is willing to do meaningful upgrades. In the case of the iPhone it's Apples decision which is a good deal until they decide that a model isn't supported any more.or IOS is so demanding that the device is brought to its knees as was my old 3G.

I'm sure apple works better with Dji and most people say this

mmmmm I'm sure apple works better with dji, I have thought about getting a Iphone for my drones but you cant download films with a Iphone (nothing to do with flying my Mavic) I also have cracked dji go 4 app so that it cant be updated and the same with Litchi. Also android O is just around the corner.

I resisted as long as I could, but I was ready for a new phone anyway, so...

Just switched from Android, to an Iphone 7. It no longer crashes, lags or responds slowly. It works like it is supposed to.

If they are in cahoots with Apple to convert Android users to Iphones... well it is working as planned.

Last edited:
I've only had Apple since I started this drone thing back in February and I use both an iPhone 6 and iPad Pro 9.7. Knock on wood not one app crash... I usually go between DJI Go 4 and Litchi and Hanger 360 after stopping each app. Sometime today I will be making my first flight with the new I2 and I hope I have the same luck.

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus with my Mavic. Feels like Apple and Mavic were made for each other :p

Best Buy still has the $300 iPad mini 4 sale going on. A few weeks ago it was limited to just the gold color but now you can get silver and grey for that price. I got the gold but would've preferred the grey as the face is black vs white.

iPhone 7 plus no problems so far, I've read a lot that dji is optimised for IOS.

If you like your S7 and you don't want to change it then buy an iPad mini 2!
But if you want to change your phone not only for the Mavic then just give some more money and buy the iPhone 7 Plus.

Reactions: Tonka
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78