DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP1 died and fell from the sky

I prefer not to see them hit the ground.
Schrodinger's Cat and all that.

Youve an interesting posting style Hooby, are you a Writer?

I prefer not to see them hit the ground.
Schrodinger's Cat and all that.

Youve an interesting posting style Hooby, are you a Writer?

I don't know, man. I feel like, if your $1,000 investment is going to plummet from comedic heights for no obvious reason and have you worried that you may suddenly be guilty of involuntary manslaughter, it would at least be cool to watch it all unfold.

As for the writing, the answer is no. But I used to. And people have been commenting on it more often recently, so I feel like I should try and make something of it. I've been thinking of sending out a CV to anyone with an email address with nothing more than "I write words good. Higher me for you're company and watch the views pour in as people see that there reading something funny."

But thanks for the compliment. In all seriousness, I do appreciate it quite a bit.

You fly at comedic heights, What height is funniest?

Is Nicholas Angel your avatar?

View attachment 72845

It sure is! One of the best movies I've ever seen. When I saw the trailers for it, it looked so stupid. I don't know who was in charge of making those things, but they made the movie come across as very dumb humor and no real comedic talent. A friend of mine sent me to Blockbuster to pick up a few DVDs for him and told me to get one for myself as thanks. I got Hot Fuzz because I just had to see how stupid it was. I probably watched it 15 times before I returned the DVD. Late, of course.

But anyway, yeah. The look on his face in that scene is one of the funniest moments I know of in movie history (my personal opinion, not fact) and I can relate to it as well.

Reactions: Former Member
It sure is! One of the best movies I've ever seen. When I saw the trailers for it, it looked so stupid. I don't know who was in charge of making those things, but they made the movie come across as very dumb humor and no real comedic talent. A friend of mine sent me to Blockbuster to pick up a few DVDs for him and told me to get one for myself as thanks. I got Hot Fuzz because I just had to see how stupid it was. I probably watched it 15 times before I returned the DVD. Late, of course.

But anyway, yeah. The look on his face in that scene is one of the funniest moments I know of in movie history (my personal opinion, not fact) and I can relate to it as well.

Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead are great. Anything Simon Pegg does, I enjoy. He is a very versatile actor.

Which scene was that picture from? I was thinking the bar scene, because otherwise he is almost always wearing his tie.

Hot Fuzz and Shawn of the Dead are great. Anything Simon Pegg does, I enjoy. He is a very versatile actor.

Which scene was that picture from? I was thinking the bar scene, because otherwise he is almost always wearing his tie.

It's when they're at the play and after Juliet kills herself, the theater inexplicably erupts into a piano driven version of Lovefool by The Cardigans.

I'm starting to think Hooby is your creation Thunder, for a slow Forum day

Simon Pegg is pretty darn lovable though.
I see him, I see a guy on his way to the milk bar tripping same time same place

I will say this. Last year I was flying around one of my usual spots over near my sons old middle school. I was approx 100-150' off the ground when all of a sudden much like you said it seemed to be in tripod mode or something. I started getting high wind warnings over and over. Before I knew it I had drifted we'll out of LOS and then some. I decided to fly high to get out of it and with no luck I kept drifting further and further higher and higher. I at one point was a good 2 miles away and several hundred feet up. With my battery getting close to its 30% warning I decided to take a chance and kick into sport mode and drop! I didnt care how far I’d have to walk I just wanted to drop out of this vortex that held my bird hostage and land safe. Once I had gotten down to 50 or so feet I realized I have broken out of the strange wind vortex bc I was able to RTH and land with just enough battery. Needless to say I did NOT fly again that day. Is that what it felt like to you?

Reactions: dtbull
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake