DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP1 died and fell from the sky

I will say this. Last year I was flying around one of my usual spots over near my sons old middle school. I was approx 100-150' off the ground when all of a sudden much like you said it seemed to be in tripod mode or something. I started getting high wind warnings over and over. Before I knew it I had drifted we'll out of LOS and then some. I decided to fly high to get out of it and with no luck I kept drifting further and further higher and higher. I at one point was a good 2 miles away and several hundred feet up. With my battery getting close to its 30% warning I decided to take a chance and kick into sport mode and drop! I didnt care how far I’d have to walk I just wanted to drop out of this vortex that held my bird hostage and land safe. Once I had gotten down to 50 or so feet I realized I have broken out of the strange wind vortex bc I was able to RTH and land with just enough battery. Needless to say I did NOT fly again that day. Is that what it felt like to you?

That is almost 100% dead on to what I had happen. The only difference is how far mine went. But you wrote what I had happen word for word. I was actually looking to try and line my drone up with my current location because I was going to just kill the engines, let it fall, and try to start it up again if possible. I figured that if I was unable to start it again, it would just crash into my yard and that would be that. But, as you said happened to you, mine just drifted off. I guess an updraft would be possible, but why would it have just fallen like that when it still had a good amount of battery left?

How strange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78