DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MP1 spotlight/highlight in video

Drone on

Reactions
Has anybody seen this before? I have two MP1s and they both have a spotlight/highlight in the video.
This only happens when the sun is directly behind the MP.
In this video, look to the right of the frame until the spotlight highlight reaches the lone cow, then as the scene changes the spotlight highlight is on the left

Any ideas as to what causes this? Any idea how to fix?

I am using ND filter, and not PL

Has anybody seen this before? I have two MP1s and they both have a spotlight/highlight in the video.
This only happens when the sun is directly behind the MP.
In this video, look to the right of the frame until the spotlight highlight reaches the lone cow, then as the scene changes the spotlight highlight is on the left

Any ideas as to what causes this? Any idea how to fix?

I am using ND filter, and not PL

Perhaps use PL filters, they also helps manage reflections.

I would try a PL regardless. It could be the sun that's being reflected, or an optical phenomena caused by the sun (if not directly).

We often think of a PL controlling reflections on a large reflective surface such as a body of water or flat glass surfaces. But that spot could be a grouping of reflections off of the grass / foliage, several small reflections grouped together.

It's worth a try.

A lake surface in front of us is horizontal, so we see reflections of something beyond the lake (also in front of us), but grass blades stand up vertically, so could be reflecting the sunlight behind us.

And if a PL doesn't help, I would just call it a phenomena caused by the sun that is natural and not to worry about it.

Chris

Reactions: AirForceCaptain
I would try a PL regardless. It could be the sun that's being reflected, or an optical phenomena caused by the sun (if not directly).

We often think of a PL controlling reflections on a large reflective surface such as a body of water or flat glass surfaces. But that spot could be a grouping of reflections off of the grass / foliage, several small reflections grouped together.

It's worth a try.

A lake surface in front of us is horizontal, so we see reflections of something beyond the lake (also in front of us), but grass blades stand up vertically, so could be reflecting the sunlight behind us.

And if a PL doesn't help, I would just call it a phenomena caused by the sun that is natural and not to worry about it.

Chris
thank you

I have a PL, so I will try it

What's odd is that it moves, and is only when the sun is essentially directly behind the drone, so I don't think it's hardware, or sensor
thank you for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54