DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Multiple battery charger.

Got this today. Charges 3 batteries , controller and phone at the same time. ! View attachment 46523

Mine arrived yesterday via FEDEX, ordered from amazon and actually delivered a good deal sooner than was promised. Sadly, I had just topped off all 3 batteries with the Fly More charger so I will have to wait a bit before trying it out.

Aftermarket charger generally not a problem with Mavic battery due to all the charge circuitry being inside the battery itself rather than in the adapter. Adapter only needs to supply the 17.6v to the battery and the cirtcuit in the battery does the rest.

But it does need to supply sufficient current. I believe the batteries check power capability of the charger and adjusts draw accordingly. Otherwise it would not be possible for DJI to supply chargers with different wattages which results in different charge times.

But it does need to supply sufficient current. I believe the batteries check power capability of the charger and adjusts draw accordingly. Otherwise it would not be possible for DJI to supply chargers with different wattages which results in different charge times.
Current is specified by the battery in terms of the C rating for Charge. 1-2C is fairly typical even for the poorest of quality LiPos. So long as its within spec it should be fine. Under spec is ok and slightly better in the long term as the battery wont heat up during charge. Over the specification is where problem start.

Specs state 4.5A @ 17.6V which puts it around 1.2C which is still very conservative. Stock wall charger is 3.4A (0.9C). Stock Car charger is 4.5A so this aftermarket charger is within range.

In my experience these aftermarket chargers often overstate their capability and I would expect the current to be around 3.5-4Amps which is quite safe.

What does everyone think of the color! Should we keep the blue or try a different color :)

I WILL NOT buy one of these until they make a lime green version with pink polka dots... seriously though, I had a previous version of this for my original MP and never had a problem. However, I can also honestly say that I've never once flown for 75-85 minutes and found the need to fly more (no pun intended), but that's just me. As a general rule, more toys=happier nerd! Now watch, inevitably they'll come out with a lime green with pink polka dots version! :cool:

Energen makes one for various DJI models. I’ve heard numerous good reviews on the one for the Mavic Pro. I emailed them asking if they had a projected date on a release for the Mavic 2. Unfortunately, I t’s been about two weeks and still no response. For me that’s enough to pass on the company. I would hate to have that happen if I had issues with one of their products. I’ll try the one on Amazon. Theyre easy to deal with.

Just noticed that the YX has to be plugged in. Energens products do the same thing but are cordless....

Current is specified by the battery in terms of the C rating for Charge. 1-2C is fairly typical even for the poorest of quality LiPos. So long as its within spec it should be fine. Under spec is ok and slightly better in the long term as the battery wont heat up during charge. Over the specification is where problem start.

Specs state 4.5A @ 17.6V which puts it around 1.2C which is still very conservative. Stock wall charger is 3.4A (0.9C). Stock Car charger is 4.5A so this aftermarket charger is within range.

In my experience these aftermarket chargers often overstate their capability and I would expect the current to be around 3.5-4Amps which is quite safe.
That wasn't my point. Post previous to mine focused only on voltage because the battery handles the safety. The thing is, if the current capacity of the charger is low, it will work and be safe, as the battery seems to adjust it's draw accordingly to charger capacity, but will take longer to charge. I don't want to effectively wait 2+ hours to charge a battery when stock charger takes 90 minutes.

Energen makes one for various DJI models. I’ve heard numerous good reviews on the one for the Mavic Pro. I emailed them asking if they had a projected date on a release for the Mavic 2. Unfortunately, I t’s been about two weeks and still no response. For me that’s enough to pass on the company. I would hate to have that happen if I had issues with one of their products. I’ll try the one on Amazon. Theyre easy to deal with.

Just noticed that the YX has to be plugged in. Energens products do the same thing but are cordless....
Could you give me a link please for the Energen, see Iffin it might help me

That wasn't my point. Post previous to mine focused only on voltage because the battery handles the safety. The thing is, if the current capacity of the charger is low, it will work and be safe, as the battery seems to adjust it's draw accordingly to charger capacity, but will take longer to charge. I don't want to effectively wait 2+ hours to charge a battery when stock charger takes 90 minutes.

Going from my old Mavic Pro, stock charger is faster for ONE battery, ~50-6mins but with this charger, I could have 3 batteries charged in ~80mins.So if you only have one battery, dont bother, if you have multiple then it makes sense to buy. The stock DJI hub is rubbish in comparison.

Reactions: Turn11
Question...I notice the green LED lights stay on even when not charging any batteries. Does this mean you have to unplug it when not charging, I assume so.

Question...I notice the green LED lights stay on even when not charging any batteries. Does this mean you have to unplug it when not charging, I assume so.
No not straight away, it stops charging when the LED is green and the lights on the battery go off. I usually pull them off and go fly once its done.

i would like to see one of these put on an oscilloscope to check the ripple. hoping someone does an in depth analysis of one. ratings of the MOSFETs, capacitors etc. saw on youtube someone mentions charging 3 batteries, the controller, and a tablet at once it gets pretty warm.

the Yx Mavic 2 version seems to be properly grounded vs the original Yx Mavic charger.

i would like to see one of these put on an oscilloscope to check the ripple. hoping someone does an in depth analysis of one. ratings of the MOSFETs, capacitors etc. saw on youtube someone mentions charging 3 batteries, the controller, and a tablet at once it gets pretty warm.

the Yx Mavic 2 version seems to be properly grounded vs the original Yx Mavic charger.

The Mavic 2 version is most similar to the Phantom 4 ones - the power output, current, voltage and temperature. Its 3 AC-DC's with a dual +5v for the USB. It does get to similar temperatures at the original DJI charger.

What does everyone think of the color! Should we keep the blue or try a different color :)
Blue looks good, unless you want to match limonchino yellow from wrap grade;););) will this work outside of us with a plug adoptor?

Looks remarkabially like the PowerExtra parallel charger for the Mavic Pro and Platinum. At first I thought it was and just made for the M2.
My Fstop Labs charger arrived about two hours ago, good news/bad news I am on and holiday and won't be back to use it for another week.
I know it will work great.

Ordered these a week ago today the second I got the email saying they were available. Now I can really use this multi charger 5 total batteries and off to maui for two weeks next weekend! Please DJI stop using DHL also. They are trash ! 20180918_154109.jpg

Reactions: Joebie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure