DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Best footage of 2019 - Australia "Part 1"

drekko

Reactions
hey guys

Im Patrick and I got into drones when the Mavic 2 Pro came out. Never had experience with drones before, I love flying it, I fly whenever I have a chance if I think something looks cool. If I get good footage I keeps them. Now I have a years worth of footage.
So I have decided to create a compilation of my favorite footage. Here is Part 1

If you enjoy it. Check out my other videos on my channel and consider subscribing for part 2 and possibly part 3 ( I have loads of footage)

Anyway take care!! and thanks!

Some really good shots and nice edit. Shame about the micro stutter in about 30% of footage. If you use different fps in same video go for the highest fps value for the whole project to avoid that. Also if you are speeding up or slowing down footage it's worth to put it though optical flow to avoid this effect. Well done.

Some really good shots and nice edit. Shame about the micro stutter in about 30% of footage. If you use different fps in same video go for the highest fps value for the whole project to avoid that. Also if you are speeding up or slowing down footage it's worth to put it though optical flow to avoid this effect. Well done.

Hi thanks alot man. Most of the footage was shot in 29.97 (except the slow motion clips) and exported in 24fps. 30 fps seems too fluid and not cinematic ( looks like a video game) I have done alot of reading and watching youtube videos and they all say to export in 24 fps. But yeh some clips have that micro stutter. Bit unsure how to avoid that if the cinematic fps is 24fps..

All sped and slowed down footage ( speed ramps) i used optical flow in there

Hi thanks alot man. Most of the footage was shot in 29.97 (except the slow motion clips) and exported in 24fps. 30 fps seems too fluid and not cinematic ( looks like a video game) I have done alot of reading and watching youtube videos and they all say to export in 24 fps. But yeh some clips have that micro stutter. Bit unsure how to avoid that if the cinematic fps is 24fps..

All sped and slowed down footage ( speed ramps) i used optical flow in there
That is literally the worst thing you could do :( Never shoot in higher fps to export in lower. This will always cause this stutter as the editor will need to drop frames. It's ok if you go from 60 to 30 but loosing 6 frames a second will cause this horrific stutter every time. Also 30 fps is really a way to go for a smoother footage. Most small screens don't cope very well with 24fps and will show some sutter and if watched on most modern tv's the will have motion engines turned on making the video artificially smooth anyway.

That is literally the worst thing you could do :( Never shoot in higher fps to export in lower. This will always cause this stutter as the editor will need to drop frames. It's ok if you go from 60 to 30 but loosing 6 frames a second will cause this horrific stutter every time. Also 30 fps is really a way to go for a smoother footage. Most small screens don't cope very well with 24fps and will show some sutter and if watched on most modern tv's the will have motion engines turned on making the video artificially smooth anyway.

Thanks there is a lot of misinfo around. Ill try just stick to 30 fps for normal speed next time. But for slow motion 120 or 240fps its ok i think

hey guys

Im Patrick and I got into drones when the Mavic 2 Pro came out. Never had experience with drones before, I love flying it, I fly whenever I have a chance if I think something looks cool. If I get good footage I keeps them. Now I have a years worth of footage.
So I have decided to create a compilation of my favorite footage. Here is Part 1

If you enjoy it. Check out my other videos on my channel and consider subscribing for part 2 and possibly part 3 ( I have loads of footage)

Excellent work....thanks for sharing!!!!

hey guys

Outstanding footage

A lot of nice footage of the Geelong waterfront (where I live). Are you from Australia?: If so why shoot at 30 fps when PAL is 25 fps (very close to the 24 fps for that so called "cinematic" looks.

A lot of nice footage of the Geelong waterfront (where I live). Are you from Australia?: If so why shoot at 30 fps when PAL is 25 fps (very close to the 24 fps for that so called "cinematic" looks.
I usually shoot in the highest fps available in the resolution because I can slow it to 24 fps later

Yeah I live in Melbourne ( well western suburbs of Melbourne) but work in Geelong

You loose 6 fps doing that making the footage jerky, it really would be better to shoot at 25 fps.

Thanks I must try 25 or 24 when shooting normal real time shots
I'll try next time. Appreciate the advice

Reactions: Derlisz
Thanks I must try 25 or 24 when shooting normal real time shots
I'll try next time. Appreciate the advice
hey guys

Brilliant!

Brilliant compilation! Hit me with part 2! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stmavic