DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My controller not charging the phone

Any idee's why my controller is not charging the phone?

• on/off option

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • controller issue

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

vreiunceai

Reactions
Yesterday was my first flight with mavic, and I realised that my controller not charging the phone. When I plug the controller cable in phone, for 1sec it's showing on my screen phone that is charging and that's it!

What type of phone. It won't charge Apple devices. I have read it will charge some android devices, but since I am not an Android user, I can't tell you which ones.

Ha! I wish mine didn't charge the phone!
I wish there was a setting to turn off phone charging ... why waste the controller battery if the phone is already well charged?

Well new in drone stuffs so I just wonder if it is a controller issue or just the new update.

Sorry ... wasn't criticising your need to find out what should/shouldn't be happening re charging. Just ironic that it's one of my big annoyances.
Latest firmware (updated yesterday), Android, working fine.
But since I'm probably the only person with a Wileyfox Storm phone and a MP, that doesn't mean others will be ok if indeed, as suggested above, it works with some and not others.
Strange to read it won't charge Apple devices.

Well new in drone stuffs so I just wonder if it is a controller issue or just the new update.
It's not a new issue. The remote controller has never charged Apple mobile devices.

Reactions: Kilrah
So how about in future, its gonna be possible for Apple mobiles?
I don't know. For now, make sure your phone is charged before you head out to fly. Or pick up a dedicated mobile device to use when you fly.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Sorry ... wasn't criticising your need to find out what should/shouldn't be happening re charging. Just ironic that it's one of my big annoyances.
Latest firmware (updated yesterday), Android, working fine.
But since I'm probably the only person with a Wileyfox Storm phone and a MP, that doesn't mean others will be ok if indeed, as suggested above, it works with some and not others.
Strange to read it won't charge Apple devices.
Couple of times I wish it would have charged my iPhone battery, cause it got really low. And yes, it would be nice to be able to turn on/off the Aphone charging.

It is a serious safety concern that you do not have control over this function.
This drone is aimed at new pilots and mistakes will be made. So losing visual contact with the aircraft is a bad thing in this instance.
I believe that DJI have intentionally left this function out for reasons only known to themselves and is in my humble opinion a very selfish thing to do. In fact, you only need to see how many functions were left out at point of release and the entire community jumped on the camera option band wagon (another rediculous misold feature) this drone is very capable and is only held back by DJI because it poses competition for the mavic and phantom series.

the simplest way to keep your phone charged is to use a small USB charger plugged into the lighter socket of your car so it charges while you drive to your destination,or you could get a decent powerbank to do the same job ,making sure you device is fully charged as well as your RC and flight batteries should be part of your flight preparations before setting off

Charging the phone/tablet has nothing to do with DJI, its an Android thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1