DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My entry in the 2022 Skypixel Aerial Video Contest! Have you entered?

Really great video! You might have a chance there! The sound design is spot on. I think sound design is something a lot of people miss, especially with drone videos.

Reactions: VegardBerland
Stunning scenery. Marvelous flying and videography. Altogether dazzling.

Norway has been moved up quite a few rows on my post-Covid travel list. Can you share the locations you filmed?

This is my entry in the 2022 Skypixel Contest. Does it have a chance? :D

Feel free to share your entry in this thread :)
Well, we owe a lot the to the geography, however you, sir are a genius !!
I particularly like drawing back from the wave at it seem to chase your drone. But the in and out of the mist from the clouds was also impressive. And then there was following the tugs wake from both perspectives. There was also the amazing down shots over the walkway and the dramatic reveal at the end...after flying through the mountains above the water and the low-lying clouds...AAANNNDDD the music. Heck now I've got to watch it again.

Well done!

Stunning scenery. Marvelous flying and videography. Altogether dazzling.

Norway has been moved up quite a few rows on my post-Covid travel list. Can you share the locations you filmed?
Thank you so much! Most of the places are in Western and Northern Norway. Geiranger, Lovatnet, Trollstigen, Lofoten and Senja are some of them. Breathtaking landscapes!

Well, we owe a lot the to the geography, however you, sir are a genius !!
I particularly like drawing back from the wave at it seem to chase your drone. But the in and out of the mist from the clouds was also impressive. And then there was following the tugs wake from both perspectives. There was also the amazing down shots over the walkway and the dramatic reveal at the end...after flying through the mountains above the water and the low-lying clouds...AAANNNDDD the music. Heck now I've got to watch it again.
Wow! So many nice words! Much appreciated! And as you say, the breathtaking landscapes makes it easier :)

Reactions: NG Wildman
I've won most of the top drone awards in the world in the last 2 years (big claim eh?) but I will never enter Skypixel. In the fine print you are basically signing over your footage rights to them, I have never heard of anything like it and I know most pros won't go anywhere near this competition.

I've won most of the top drone awards in the world in the last 2 years (big claim eh?) but I will never enter Skypixel. In the fine print you are basically signing over your footage rights to them, I have never heard of anything like it and I know most pros won't go anywhere near this competition.
Thanks for sharing! Havenā€™t hear that before, but I know itā€™s DJIs own competition. Donā€™t know if itā€™s new this year, but I could check a box where I kept all the rights to my own footage when I entered the competition.

Reactions: christangey
Beautifully done, and the music goes well with the video. Good luck in the contest I'm sure you'll do well. I wish I had your abilities of putting all those clips together. I need to move to Norway!

Thanks for sharing! Havenā€™t hear that before, but I know itā€™s DJIs own competition. Donā€™t know if itā€™s new this year, but I could check a box where I kept all the rights to my own footage when I entered the competition.
Ok well that would be interesting and a totally NEW thing for this competition, even as recent as a month ago.

Forget the contest, I want to visit Norway!

Spectacular!

BTW, with the waves crashing on the shore, is that the real sound or did you add stock waves crashing sounds in edit? It's very well synced.

Ok well that would be interesting and a totally NEW thing for this competition, even as recent as a month ago.
Here's a screenshot of the box I checked. But I may be missing something and I'm not surprised if they have something written somewhere that reduces my rights to use my own footage. Either way, thanks for giving me the heads-up. I will think twice before entering a competition like that :)

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2022-01-16 kl. 14.19.10.png
    Skjermbilde 2022-01-16 kl. 14.19.10.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
Forget the contest, I want to visit Norway!

Spectacular!

BTW, with the waves crashing on the shore, is that the real sound or did you add stock waves crashing sounds in edit? It's very well synced.
Haha! Thank you so much! It is just sounds added in post from Epidemic Sound. Great to hear that it works! Sound design is one of the hardest things to get right for me :)

Reactions: basyok
Beautifully done, and the music goes well with the video. Good luck in the contest I'm sure you'll do well. I wish I had your abilities of putting all those clips together. I need to move to Norway!
Thank you so much! You should at least visit Norway. Many awesome locations for drone pilots to discover :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer