DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My favorite video so far! 1 week flying, 2 days editing, 100% manual flight. All criticism welcome!

Wow! Great stickwork--smooth, smooth, smooth. Even better was the video editing. Looked hard for artifacts. Saw none. Music was perfect.

Nice, nice job. You really raised the bar with this one!

Wow! Great stickwork--smooth, smooth, smooth. Even better was the video editing. Looked hard for artifacts. Saw none. Music was perfect.

Nice, nice job. You really raised the bar with this one!
Thank you!

It's my best yet, but also the most work yet.

It's all manual flying, so I appreciate it.

Stay safe!

Reactions: Hauptmann
Great job on the video, terrific angles and clean perspectives, I agree with one gentleman on here maybe could have slowed down a couple parts for a little more fluid motion. Quick question do you use adjustment layers to color grade or do you process clip by clip? I only asked because there was one piece when you flew directly over a building it looked like it was left ungraded maybe an over site? That’s why I have been using adjustment layers over my entire projects and or at least multiple clips that way it all looks constant. But no man that was AWSOME great job and you inspired me to get out and do some project today. Thumbs up and btw shooting in .265 and exporting in .264 there is no issue at all it’s the only way to achieve 10 bit color and when exported it renders out fine.

Great job on the video, terrific angles and clean perspectives, I agree with one gentleman on here maybe could have slowed down a couple parts for a little more fluid motion. Quick question do you use adjustment layers to color grade or do you process clip by clip? I only asked because there was one piece when you flew directly over a building it looked like it was left ungraded maybe an over site? That’s why I have been using adjustment layers over my entire projects and or at least multiple clips that way it all looks constant. But no man that was AWSOME great job and you inspired me to get out and do some project today. Thumbs up and btw shooting in .265 and exporting in .264 there is no issue at all it’s the only way to achieve 10 bit color and when exported it renders out fine.
I can't say thanks enough!

I don't use LUTs or any adjustment layers, I grade clip by clip and that one clip (I know which one you're referring to exactly) was giving me hell.

I wish I understood adj layers and LUTs more because I'm sure I could cut my editing time in half, but I'm still learning (been using Premiere about 3 months, but familiar with editing).

Gimbal adjustments noted, thank you!

Stay safe!
Happy flying!

PS thanks for the info about .265

Hey everybody, thanks for all the views!

25% of my video traffic lately has been from www.mavicpilots.com so I really appreciate you guys! I'll keep posting!

My views have gone up 10 fold since I started posting videos again.

Have a great week!

(Subscribe and save lol)

Impressive. You get very smooth video flying with sticks. And those clouds coming to the coast in the end of the video ? really good! I didn't notice any artifacts. Only tip I have is to drop the framerate to 24fps if you want more cinematic look. Cheers!

Impressive. You get very smooth video flying with sticks. And those clouds coming to the coast in the end of the video ? really good! I didn't notice any artifacts. Only tip I have is to drop the framerate to 24fps if you want more cinematic look. Cheers!
Thanks you for the advice!

What's the point of shooting 4K60 if 4k24 looks better? I'm asking because I'm a photographer first, videographer second. I really have no idea. (I suppose I could Google it, but I like getting real answers from real people)

Thanks you for the advice!

What's the point of shooting 4K60 if 4k24 looks better? I'm asking because I'm a photographer first, videographer second. I really have no idea. (I suppose I could Google it, but I like getting real answers from real people)

When you record 60 FPS you can have slow motion in 24FPS without jerky movement. I think video at 60 FPS works best when you have high action shots (mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing) and you're not looking for cinematic shot.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
When you record 60 FPS you can have slow motion in 24FPS without jerky movement. I think video at 60 FPS works best when you have high action shots (mountain biking, snowboarding, skiing) and you're not looking for cinematic shot.
So filming jet skis and fast moving boats is okay in 4K60, but everything else should be 24?

Thank you!

So then I would be running 1/50th right?

So filming jet skis and fast moving boats is okay in 4K60, but everything else should be 24?

Thank you!

So then I would be running 1/50th right?

Sorry to be unclear. I meant that your output video after editing should be 24 FPS for more cinematic looks or 60 FPS for action camera look. Filming 60 or 24 FPS is your personal preference of how you are going to use the material (60FPS for slow motion and for output video which has 60 FPS. Otherwise 24 FPS is ok). Here is more detailed explanation of frame rates in videos: 24 or 60 frames per second

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Wow, that was amazing! I misinterpreted at first and thought you’d only been flying a week, in which case I figured I should maybe fold up my drone and go home lol. Something to strive for, definitely. Very inspiring video work.

I never get bored with your videos, this is one of your best. Thanks for sharing

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard