DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first confrontation with an angry anti drone chap.

I don't think it's about tidal range, there appears to be no crown est beaches for, if I remember correctly, Plymouth on the south coast to bude on the north.....?
Yes see the links in post#9

There might be a question of beaching rights as in launching and landing the raft but then again if you launch and land below the high tide line, interesting question for a solicitor lol.
That said I have seen one NT property used for launching and landing, through quite dangerous surf, a multitude of kayaks.

Hi all.
I’m sure this Subject has been posted about before, but last night I was confronted by a rather angry chap.
I had been flying off an area in Cornwall called Rinsey. I was 60 m out from land and 50m high. No one near or about until this chap appeared from the cliff and told me “you have to stop doing that now! It’s illegal!”
I was In the middle of flying and ididn’t want to take my eye off the drone. I always concentrate that little harder on position when out over the sea.
i said I was aware of the restrictions on altitude due to the local naval base but it was not a NFZ and I had checked.
He then told me it all belongs to the national trust. Even that part of the sea. I was disturbing nesting birds and I was breaking the law.
I calmly said ok. I didn’t realise and I’ll land as soon as I can.
With that he walked off muttering.
Then as I was coming in to land two women walking dogs off leads came over and told me to stop using that thing it’s noisy.

it’s a mavic air 2

i again apologised and said I was packing up now anyway.
I launched and landed from a small clearing off the path with no one near.
Was I breaking the law?
if the national trust owns the sea and all the coast how are you going to get any pictures without breaking the law?

thanks. Barry.
I am aware, in the USA, that IT'S OK TO FLY OVER national and state parks and their included waters, however, YOU CANNOT TAKE OFF OR LAND THERE.

You want to hear a story about being confronted. My neighbor thinks he owns the air above his house. If I go above (greater than 120ft) but not over his house he always yells "get that ( Mod Removed Language)thing off my property." Attempts to educate the old man, reach deaf ears. He really gets mad at night. The anticollision lights really piss him off. He's been this way for years now. I just try not to get to close to his house unless I need to cross over it, if my batteries are critical. It's always gotta be one neighbor that complains. The cops no longer take his calls. Crazy Nutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess that you might want to get out your "waders" and practice Hand Launching and Hand Catching. If they persist in bothering you, wade out into the water a bit and invite them to join you so you can better hear them, or maybe to call the authorities. Of course, you never know what "lies" they might tell the authorities to get some response. I recommend you video tape all flights in these questionable areas to show you did not "attack" them with a drone, or commit some outer "imagined" crime.

Here is a link to a Topic I started on this very same subject a while back…

What do you think you are doing? This is a No-Drone Zone…

I suggest you start asking a bunch of nonsensical questions; like: When is the next lorry due? Did you see what Kate was wearing today? When is sunrise, I do not want to miss it? Who do you think will replace Boris Johnson? Do you prefer Jam or Jelly on your toast? Why do so many Brits speak American English? Don't just stand there, help me hold the tide back…

If you do this with enough conviction, it will let them know you aren't paying them a bit of attention…

no fly.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair