DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my first crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing some good advice here like turning off rth before flying indoors especially because of metal causing interference to gps etc. Can someone write a list of things to do or turn on/off for the best setup for indoor flying please. If like to have it as a reference
My list is 1) Go outside. I choose to not risk my belongings and MP, Get a Spark if you want to fly indoors.

My guess would be all that steel there has affected your compass and it has confused the mavic, I definitely would not fly so close to all that metal (especially not near a load of children)
I don't think your equipment can be blamed in this case, it's not a suitable location to fly, too much steel, poor gps signal, way too many obstacles
And as others have said, u need to turn off collision avoidance, good that u were at least in tripod mode

Reactions: umneycreep
i checked my sd card and there are no .DAT files on it

My list is 1) Go outside. I choose to not risk my belongings and MP, Get a Spark if you want to fly indoors.

I knew someone would give a reply like that. Surely a mavic should be able to fly indoors!? That would just sick of it couldn't, especially for such an expensive drone. Obviously i, and everyone else, would want to minimise problems that could potentially occur from protection systems being counter productive though

Reactions: Rogue.Aircraft
When the Mavic was unveiled. The CEO or whoever it was, doing the Steve Jobs on stage unveiling, focused mainly on its ability to track subjects, recognize gestures and hold position indoors. So yeah, yeah u should be able to fly indoors.

Set your max height to below ceiling level
Set all emergency responses to hover or land
Disable return to home
Make sure all obstacle avoidance sensors are on and functioning
Raise lights to a level that doesn't result in a low ambient light warning
Watch for backwards and sideways drift, there is no obstacle avoidance those directions. Be sure to disable backwards flight in intelligent flight modes.

When the Mavic was unveiled. The CEO or whoever it was, doing the Steve Jobs on stage unveiling, focused mainly on its ability to track subjects, recognize gestures and hold position indoors. So yeah, yeah u should be able to fly indoors.

Disable return to home
Watch for backwards and sideways drift, there is no obstacle avoidance those directions. Be sure to disable backwards flight in intelligent flight modes.

Thanks rogue [emoji3][emoji108][emoji106]

Disable return to home

It was Kim Jong iL

Last edited:
DAT files are in the MP, TXT files are in DJI folder in your device.
Just by looking @ your video seems like you took off w/ out GPS fixed then you went under that metal roof w/ lots of your fellow students. Good thing you didn't hurt anyone. You should need to hit the manual again and gain more knowledge. Kung nandiyan ako @ nakita ko ang video mo na ganyan then it happened na Uncle mo ako or something you will sure get some tongue lashing from me.
Sa susunod ingat saka don't fly around people. Saan ka ba sa Pinas, I'm from Q C.

Reactions: LongRifle
Is it just me or does it sound like the remote is vibrating? Right b4 the crash i see a kids arms flying through the air, possible obstacle avoideance?

Disable return to home

Good ideas. It would be sweet to have a list of custom settings to choose from in the app - you could have one for sunny days outdoors in a field, another stored for indoor flights, and so on. User would still be responsible for verifying things before flight but you could have some somewhat ready-to-go groups of settings that could be pulled up for different situations.

Reactions: Steveyg777
Let us be civil to each other.

I knew someone would give a reply like that. Surely a mavic should be able to fly indoors!? That would just sick of it couldn't, especially for such an expensive drone. Obviously i, and everyone else, would want to minimise problems that could potentially occur from protection systems being counter productive though

There's nothing wrong with that answer, it's good advice given the cost of the Mavic and the likelihood of damaging it. Howerver you are also correct - the Mavic should be able to fly indoors and indeed CAN fly indoors very well - the problem is that when GPS signal is lost because it's inside MOST pilots either aren't expecting it or aren't up to controlling the MP without GPS assistance and over compensate slamming it into a wall / ceiling / children / pet dog / wife etc. etc. Unless you're experienced in controlling a fast moving drone in confined spaces without GPS assistance I would just stick to flying outside.. :)

Reactions: BuzzyOne and MDKEY
Good ideas. It would be sweet to have a list of custom settings to choose from in the app - you could have one for sunny days outdoors in a field, another stored for indoor flights, and so on. User would still be responsible for verifying things before flight but you could have some somewhat ready-to-go groups of settings that could be pulled up for different situations.

The most stupid part of your post is you bothering to take the time to write it.

5729446715f0ea2147ea92e00a5cad5f.jpg

I uploaded a HD version of the crash with sound.
Yesterday I got married, so I couldn't work on the Mavic. Hopefully today I'll be able to test it.

The most stupid part of your post is you bothering to take the time to write it.

Basically you want, what would most commonly be classed as, profiles. And i agree, it would make on the fly setup much quicker and dynamic meaning more actual flight time instead of messing with settings.especially important as flight time is of high priority before having to charge batteries etc.

There's nothing wrong with that answer, it's good advice given the cost of the Mavic and the likelihood of damaging it. Howerver you are also correct - the Mavic should be able to fly indoors and indeed CAN fly indoors very well - the problem is that when GPS signal is lost because it's inside MOST pilots either aren't expecting it or aren't up to controlling the MP without GPS assistance and over compensate slamming it into a wall / ceiling / children / pet dog / wife etc. etc. Unless you're experienced in controlling a fast moving drone in confined spaces without GPS assistance I would just stick to flying outside.. :)

I think in my experience of flying and seeing people's posts that it is more that the drone starts going mental all of its own accord because fail dave systems start thinking there are obstacles when there aren't etc and therefore the pilot had to start getting to compensate for the "involuntary" or unplanned movements the ac makes. Thus the question of what things to turn off when flying indoors to stop it from having a mind of its own so that flying is predictable etc

I uploaded a HD version of the crash with sound.
Yesterday I got married, so I couldn't work on the Mavic. Hopefully today I'll be able to test it.

Congrats [emoji3][emoji106][emoji322]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind