DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MY FIRST DEMO REEL!

Looks more like a bunch of clips to show drone capabilities rather than a story about Hollywood, FL. Lack of continuity between clips.

Reactions: Wumpus_NJ
It was ok, I didn't hate it. Maybe a bit heavy on the speed-ramping but some pretty nice scenes of the area.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
1000 x better than most , its an excellent use of what editing can do.
I never really got tired of the Speed Ramps as they were used so well.

If your intenet was to Gain Clients.

My suggestion would be to add to the Demo how the Drone can be used to film so B roll of Pets, an maybe some Self walks of that Nature or a Wedding ect. ADD ADD ADD that was so good.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Capture the Storm , Land on the Water.

Reactions: cris85 and Tufargon
Overall, pretty good. As I was told to me early on, "Everyone starts somewhere!" So, good effort for the first one.
Take everything that's been said as constructive. All of us want to get better and to see others get better. We all have ideas of how we edit our interpretation of our video presentation. You have a good mix of flying forward, backward, looking forward and down.
One suggestion not related to the video itself would be to create an account on a more well known video sharing platform to be able to share it easier. Your video came up in my Google photo viewer.

My suggestion would be to add to the Demo how the Drone can be used to film so B roll of Pets, an maybe some Self walks of that Nature or a Wedding ect. ADD ADD ADD that was so good.

Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org

thank you so much,thanks for your insights,and suggestions.really helpful!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Overall, pretty good. As I was told to me early on, "Everyone starts somewhere!" So, good effort for the first one.
Take everything that's been said as constructive. All of us want to get better and to see others get better. We all have ideas of how we edit our interpretation of our video presentation. You have a good mix of flying forward, backward, looking forward and down.
One suggestion not related to the video itself would be to create an account on a more well known video sharing platform to be able to share it easier. Your video came up in my Google photo viewer.
i really appreciate your time and suggestions,really helpful insight!

Looks more like a bunch of clips to show drone capabilities rather than a story about Hollywood, FL. Lack of continuity between clips.
can i ask you a question...can you ilustrate what is story telling?...and what is lack of continuity between clips?..thank you!

Last edited:
Its rad, short and to the point, the day and night footage and the variety of scenes keeps it interesting.
Keep shooting and having fun.

Last edited:
can i ask you a question...can you ilustrate what is story telling?...and what is lack of continuity between clips?..thank you!
Well, the title is Hollywood, FL, so I would expect the "story" to be about Hollywood as a tourist might learn something about Hollywood with scenes continuing from one subject to the next logical subject in the Hollywood story. Rather the focus is in fancy shots and distracting transitions which seem to show of the capabilities of the drone.

I liked it a lot. Yes, there was a lot of speed ramping, but it was done very effectively and the music and sound effects. Also went very well with it. Good job.

ANY SUGGESTIONS,OPINIONS,INSIGHTS,PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT
New video by Cristian M
Cris:
I viewed the film twice (something I rarely do). Overall, I would rate it as a great start in flying, and in editing. I had a lot of problems with the double speed ramping effect which you threw in so often. I would have preferred only a few, single speed ramps. You captured Hollywood Beach , the water tower, and the Guitar Hotel well. I, myself, spent an entire day trying to capture the Guitar Hotel. I even drove up on their rooftop to film, and nearly was arrested by the Miccosukee Police department, when three squad cars roared up the ramp and surrounded me! Luckily, I had predicted that I was not supposed to be there, filmed really fast, and had already stored my drone back in my car. I pleaded ignorance and they left me alone. I did get some nice footage from the Mc Donalds grassy area across the street. I can send you that video by private conversation.

I was shocked at how well you flew over the hotel and the pool areas. I was frightened to death to do that. (I drove 2 hours from Coral Gables to spend the day at the hotel filming). The night views were also stunning. (again, refer to my film I will be sending privately).

Telling a story, in my mind, consists of an initial broad and then a wide view- perhaps from the oceanside facing the city and beaches. Then move in for a mid view, and finally, the granular views such as the beach walk, the hotel, the water tower. I would definitely cut down on the speed ramping. It is not a special effect if you over use it.

Dale
Miami

Last edited:
Reactions: KanjaniAir
I've throughly enjoyed it. I know that it isn't easy flying in those areas due to other air traffic. Well done in my opinion... well done!

I've throughly enjoyed it. I know that it isn't easy flying in those areas due to other air traffic. Well done in my opinion... well done!
During my shoot there I saw a continuous line of planes taking off and landing from Ft.. Lauderdale airport. I never flew above 50 feet.

Last edited:
The only thing I would add to all the other, good comments, is you flew directly over a lot of people. My understanding is that can be risky and may be outside the regulations. If I'm wrong, I'll trust other more knowledgeable folks will correct me. Just one personal comment, I loved the shot where you rose from the front of the office building to reveal the guitar hotel in perfect position. Well done.

Nice shots. I did not like the juttery fonts during the open but that is just personal preference. As stated above speed ramps are cool in small doses. If you want to see how moving transitions play out watch a big budget action adventure movie with the volume off. It helps to focus on what is on screen and how the high level pros get get from one shot/scene to the next. Star Wars used lots of slides and wipes. Modern movies use techniques like match action or face the camera to a black wall and cut on that black frame.

Reactions: fredy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J