DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

my first drone video (4k / greece / kefalonia)

hi pilots,

i'm finished my holiday trip in kefalonia and here is my first mavic video. enjoy it, and I'd love to read critique and opinions. thanks!

the video is not color edited, just cutted

Great video. I'm going myself to rodhos in 3 days and can't wait to fly my baby [emoji6]. Did you used any colour profil if yes which one. Looks pretty good to me if it's right out the box [emoji106]

Great video. I'm going myself to rodhos in 3 days and can't wait to fly my baby [emoji6]. Did you used any colour profil if yes which one. Looks pretty good to me if it's right out the box [emoji106]

hi Pete69,

thank you for your answer!

i use "true color" mode and sunny WB. i also use PolarPro ND8 shutter filter. nothing else. now, after this trip i have a suggestion for you. maybe you have to use a shader on your phone. it's very important there, because sunshine. in kefalonia i didn't see anything on my phone during flight :) i was a blind pilot in kefalonia :D

Very nice video! I am Greek and go to Kefalonia every summer for 1 or 2 weeks... Did you like the island? It is big and you cannot see everything in 2 weeks only.
You haven't filmed Myrtos Beach? Plateia ammos? Fiskardo? Skala? Lassi? Assos? If you have I want to see more footage if you upload it!

Reactions: bytebiz and mlaczek
hi pilots,

i'm finished my holiday trip in kefalonia and here is my first mavic video. enjoy it, and I'd love to read critique and opinions. thanks!

Beautiful work, the water is amazing!

Reactions: mlaczek
Very nice video! I am Greek and go to Kefalonia every summer for 1 or 2 weeks... Did you like the island? It is big and you cannot see everything in 2 weeks only.
You haven't filmed Myrtos Beach? Plateia ammos? Fiskardo? Skala? Lassi? Assos? If you have I want to see more footage if you upload it!

Hi Kostas,

i loved every second on the island! Greece is my favorite country, and now i think Kefalonia is my favorite island in Greece. unfortunately i was not on myrtos, fiskardo, skala, because i was together with my son, he's 2,5 year old. so i don't had too much time for my little mavic. but i'm shure we will go back to kefalonia in the next summer, and i would like to go everywhere for fly ;) now we was in Argostoli / Lassi, in the Hotel Lassi. i have film about the hotel, about Monastery of Agios Gerasimos and Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi. also i have records about beaches. thats it... :(

but in the next year...! ;)

where do you live in greece?

hi Pete69,

thank you for your answer!

i use "true color" mode and sunny WB. i also use PolarPro ND8 shutter filter. nothing else. now, after this trip i have a suggestion for you. maybe you have to use a shader on your phone. it's very important there, because sunshine. in kefalonia i didn't see anything on my phone during flight :) i was a blind pilot in kefalonia :D

Tanks for the tip but I am a lucky owner of a hoodman aviator which I use with my iPad mini 4

:)

i want a hoodman aviator NOW!!! :D

i have sony xperia z5. what do you think, can i use hoodman with it?

The Hoodman for the iPhone 6 plus might fit your phone. You will have to look at the measurements closely.

Hi Kostas,

i loved every second on the island! Greece is my favorite country, and now i think Kefalonia is my favorite island in Greece. unfortunately i was not on myrtos, fiskardo, skala, because i was together with my son, he's 2,5 year old. so i don't had too much time for my little mavic. but i'm shure we will go back to kefalonia in the next summer, and i would like to go everywhere for fly ;) now we was in Argostoli / Lassi, in the Hotel Lassi. i have film about the hotel, about Monastery of Agios Gerasimos and Lighthouse of Saint Theodoroi. also i have records about beaches. thats it... :(

but in the next year...! ;)

where do you live in greece?
Nice to hear you like Greece. I live in Thessaloniki (weekdays) and Athens (weekends). I will go to Kefalonia in August for 2 weeks hopefully and I will have my mavic with me! :) I think I will do a lot of filming...

Nice to hear you like Greece. I live in Thessaloniki (weekdays) and Athens (weekends). I will go to Kefalonia in August for 2 weeks hopefully and I will have my mavic with me! :) I think I will do a lot of filming...

can i go with you? :D

hi pilots,

Nice video! True colour looks really good. Wished I could shoot in 4K but I mostly use my phone to edit so that's y I shoot mostly in 2.7k. Currently iOS doesn't allow 4K videos to be imported into camera roll.

Nice video! True colour looks really good. Wished I could shoot in 4K but I mostly use my phone to edit so that's y I shoot mostly in 2.7k. Currently iOS doesn't allow 4K videos to be imported into camera roll.

thanks! at yet i'm just learn to fly, not really filming. but i had to take my bird to holiday in greece :)

yes, true color is good for me. i tried some color modes, but the "none", and "true color" was the best for natural pics.

it is interesting... i'd never edit video on my phone :) usually i use premiere pro. in the past i used sony vegas pro.

Of course! The beach you filmed in the clip is fteri?

:D

unfortunately not fteri beach. we don't was on north. but in the next year... i'm shure we will go back to kefalonia ;) what you saw on the clip is some lassi beaches. crocodile beach, white rock beach, red sand beach and a small beach in lassi with no name.

1st revealing shot too long and jitter at the end of it is obsolete
roll/yaw at ~0:51 too fast and not smooth enough
0:58 - transition to stable/fixed horizontal roll looks not so good
1:28 - due to bad calibration you have twitched horizon. Can be fixed by -1CCW+105%zoomin
1:26 - transition from similar shots with dissolve transitions looks not so nice IMHO..
1:37 - POI shot is altered with manual adjustments.. that jittering is bad for eyes :)

I will stop here.. If this is truly your 1st shot with Mavic then it's just super nice. Really!
Keep doing what you're doing and hope to see superb shots in near future.
Sub++ ;)

Also just returned from a holiday in Kefalonia

What an amazing island....

And what a superbly filmed and produced video yours is!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000