DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 My first flight with my new Mavic MA2

JackL

Reactions
I was a little freaked out by flying a brand new, out of the box, untested, drone so I didn't go far. Happy to report it seems to fly better than my older one. The remote seems slightly different too.

I know it is boring but my friend wanted to see the whole flight. Enjoy!

You might want to consider getting a Rescue Jacket for the Air 2 to take
some of the risk out of flying over the water to secure your drone Refresh is you have one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: JackL
You might want to consider getting a Rescue Jacket for the Air 2 to take
some of the risk out of flying over the water to secure your drone Refresh is you have one.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

I so wish I had your stuff on my first MA2. I would have it right now and not be searching the Everglades for it!

You are brave. I would never do a maiden flight over water. Yikes !

I had planned to hover over the dock for a whole battery but after a few minutes it seemed so solid I decided to go for it.

I can recover it from the water in that area pretty easily. It is shallow and clear. I snorkel it all the time.

Recommend cropping or segmenting. Studies of members show that most will only watch 2-4 minutes at a time.

Agree 100%. I got some great footage this weekend I intend to do just that with.

I figured some first timers might find this post and and enjoy seeing a flight over the ocean and folks around here already know I generally post long, boring videos and will just skip it. ;)

Reactions: tlswift58
I was a little freaked out by flying a brand new, out of the box, untested, drone so I didn't go far. Happy to report it seems to fly better than my older one. The remote seems slightly different too.

You're right. It is boring. Don't get me wrong. Parts of it are great, and if edited down to about LESS THAN 3 minutes or so, it would be a wonderful film, especially with a little music added. Edit out the starts and stops, include the following maneuvers, and remove the times you are staring down at the screen. I have stated on this forum many many times, my proven statistics from my Vimeo account. Only 30% or less will finish a 3 minute clip! Most viewership drops off after the first minute. These stats occur even on my very best videos.

You are brave. I would never do a maiden flight over water. Yikes !
EXACTLY. After a good years worth of flying, I still don't like flying over water and my main subject is - WATERFALLS. Not so much afraid of the water - it's all the hazards I encounter at nearly every waterfall - tiny tree limbs I can't see and thickets of rhododendron that seems to be a magnet for drones. Very few falls I visit have a nice open canopy and wide open area surrounding them for nice easy flying.

Nothing boring about that. Great scenery

EXACTLY. After a good years worth of flying, I still don't like flying over water and my main subject is - WATERFALLS. Not so much afraid of the water - it's all the hazards I encounter at nearly every waterfall - tiny tree limbs I can't see and thickets of rhododendron that seems to be a magnet for drones. Very few falls I visit have a nice open canopy and wide open area surrounding them for nice easy flying.

I am so completely relaxed over the ocean I dislike flying anywhere else, No power lines or trees to hit and no people or property underneath me is pure heaven. I seriously considered getting rid of my MA2 until a fateful morning when I pointed it at the ocean and never looked back. I had major stress any time it was more than 20' away from me before that.

I have flown hundreds of miles in a few short months but I doubt I would go anywhere near a waterfall...let alone one that had trees! I can't even handle not hitting gigantic wires in a wide open space at this point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki