DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My first video, and a close call!

First time poster, but have been lurking and learning for quite awhile. Here's my first attempt at an edited video. Thanks to all for tips and advice I've learned here:

WOW : Scary, i dont think I could live there in the middle of a match waiting to be lit.
How did you sleep thru the sirens. , Where is this. ?

Last edited:
Welcome to our forum, from the friendly skies of Texas.

Glad the wind was blowing away from you! Kudos to the FD, who did a great job of preventing damage to any structures. The mini is a great drone, but at only 249 grams, doesn't handle wind as well as the heavier drones do. On windy days it's best to fly the Mini so that you have a tail wind on the way back.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions.

We have over 100,000 members from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby! Ask for help when you need it. Share more of your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

WOW : Scary, i dont think I could live there in the middle of a match waiting to be lit.
How did you sleep thru the sirens. , Where is this. ?

Re: Sirens... Our house is pretty soundproof, and my hearing isn't what it used to be. But they may not have been used in this rural area since my wife, who can hear EVERYTHING, didn't hear them either.
Location is Winchester, about 60 miles South East of Los Angeles, Ca., just North of Temecula.

Re: Sirens... Our house is pretty soundproof, and my hearing isn't what it used to be. But they may not have been used in this rural area since my wife, who can hear EVERYTHING, didn't hear them either.
Location is Winchester, about 60 miles South East of Los Angeles, Ca., just North of Temecula.

I thought that looked like So Cal. Didn't know where Winchester was. Lived in San Diego for 25 years. Was a real estate appraiser--did a LOT of work in Temecula--including 90% of the conventional loan appraisals for K&B Homes and a few other builders. Glad you came out OK.

Good first video. I was impressed how smooth your flying & camera work was. Of course, you're a young guy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
This wildfire started about 3/4 of a mile from us. I put my drone up after things were safe and pinpointed origin of the fire for the local volunteer FD that had responded. They (and my brothers tractor) stopped the fire 80 yards from my RV.

Attachments

• A10F7849-0157-4738-8F49-AF1DC95AB7AC.png
    A10F7849-0157-4738-8F49-AF1DC95AB7AC.png
    7.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 8AEB4252-0FBF-4AB9-9295-D3F302872BD2.png
    8AEB4252-0FBF-4AB9-9295-D3F302872BD2.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 20
  • B8D113C4-A0A8-492B-B210-2183C8A8E32A.png
    B8D113C4-A0A8-492B-B210-2183C8A8E32A.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case