DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 will not work with Goggles RE, am I the only one?

Glenn, thanks much for clarifying the DJI Assistant issue. I had no idea they had two versions of the same app, one for the Mavic, one for the goggles. Makes sense. (NOT!) Using the goggle-specific version, I was able to update the goggle firmware to 1.04.400, which is apparently the latest version available for now. For kicks, I tried binding the goggles to the MP2 but no dice, pretty much as expected.

However, if what Gray52 says is right, I can look hopefully forward to the .500 version making my goggles compatible with my MP2. {fingers crossed}

Another complicating issue for me is that I bought used goggles off eBay, and I suspect they're activated to the former owner's quad. Looking at the software and reading online, there's apparently no way to do a factory reset on the goggles. But I'm hoping the .500 firmware update will automagically work with my MP2 anyway.

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I haven't tried my newly ordered RE Goggles yet and have what is probably a stupid question...

Do these goggles connect to the remote or to the Mavic 2?

The reason this matters to me is that I just ordered the Raptor XR antenna directly from Poland because of the connectivity warnings on the remote I received on my first day.

In other words, I'm wondering if this antenna will fix the connectivity issues people are talking about with these goggles, which would most likely be the case if they communicate via the remote. (As I'm guessing they do...)

They connect directly to the AC via Occusync. That’s what gives you the 1080 HD res.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Is anyone NOT having this issue (goggles and remote image disconnecting)? I'm wondering if I have faulty goggle hardware.

My Mavic 2 looses connection with the goggles and the remote at about 1000 feet away. Everything is fine with the goggles off. I have been told that DJI is aware of the issue and is working on it, but, it seems like I'm the only one with this problem. Anyone else?

All firmware is up to date on everything, etc.

@Glenn Goodlett , I think I figured it out. I did the following, and it seems to work fine:

1. Reinstall firmware on goggles
2. Factory reset on goggles
3. Re-link to Mavic 2.

I used to loose connection at 100-150 meters. Now it worked fine @ 500 meters. I didn't dare to fly any longer in the area where I was.

You need to go the goggles page at dji.com and download the Assistant 2 from there. It has the latest firmware. Then download Assistant 2 for Mavic from the Mavic page for updates to the Mavic. So, you need two different versions of Assistant 2.

Took me a while to figure this out.

DJI makes great products but sometimes they do the stupidest things... :rolleyes:

@Glenn Goodlett , I think I figured it out. I did the following, and it seems to work fine:

1. Reinstall firmware on goggles
2. Factory reset on goggles
3. Re-link to Mavic 2.

I used to loose connection at 100-150 meters. Now it worked fine @ 500 meters. I didn't dare to fly any longer in the area where I was.

Didn't help me, same glitchy behavior. I like flying with goggles and wish I still had my original Mavic.

Reactions: Gray52
I updated goggles and now they do connect, but I cannot get head tracking to work. Anyone else?

You have to enable it... two-finger swipe down to bring up the menu. Also make sure the M2 is updated. DJI said compatible FW will be out late Aug. My M2P will be here Thurs.

These googles sound like a real headache. I was going to get them but not if they are having this manynissues with the new drones......

Thanks for the input - have you tried this suggestion or is it just an hypothesis? I can see head tracking settings on the menu, but only the center cursor moves with head motion - the hasselblad stays locked in fixed position. Can anyone confirm mp2 head tracking working by first hand experience?

@3goldens, it's certainly a headache now, because it's still apparently early days for Goggle support. I think DJI was anxious to get the bird out the door even if the Goggle support wasn't fully baked. (At least I certainly hope so, since I have a pair that currently won't work with my MP2. :p) But the view through the DJI goggles is pretty amazing. Huge FOV!

These googles sound like a real headache. I was going to get them but not if they are having this manynissues with the new drones......
They don't have more "issues with new drones" more than said new drones are lacking features when they come out.
Gotta give it time and wait for updates in both cases.

Thanks for the input - have you tried this suggestion or is it just an hypothesis? I can see head tracking settings on the menu, but only the center cursor moves with head motion - the hasselblad stays locked in fixed position. Can anyone confirm mp2 head tracking working by first hand experience?

Works for me on the zoom.

Is anyone NOT having this issue (goggles and remote image disconnecting)? I'm wondering if I have faulty goggle hardware.

I have The same issue with Mavic 2 Pro and Goggles RE.

Regardless of the distance, I suddenly lose quality on DJI Go 4 app, and very shortly it loses video altogether and asks for RTH. The second I turn off the goggles, I get video back on the app.

The key here is that it is not related to the drone's distance for me, but I usually get it when the drone is not near. I had only one full flight without issues, and 4 more with video disconnects.

I have the very latest firmware as of today, but I will try steps recommended by you regardless and will update if I get any results.

DJI said this was a known issue to be addressed, so I wouldn't hold off if you can get them for the right price like many of us did when DJI bundled them to the M2P and M2Z. :)

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
I was also not able to connect my Goggles (white ones, not RE) to a MP2Pro
- latest FW on drone RC, Goggles also on FW 01.04.500
- Factory resettedand rebootet my goggles

The thing is, that the connection dialogue within the goggles offered me NO option for the Mavic II.
Instead, i saw 2 different options for the Mavic / Mavic I and also one for the Phantom IV V2.
Hint: My Goggles are set to German (not English) settings as i live in Munich. Maybe thats just a translation error in the recent Goggles FW.

WorkAround: Choose the First of the three options. Even if it shows it is forMavic I, not Mavic II)
-> Goggles then showed a progress bar with a text like "switching" for ~10sec
-> After that connection was possible and sucessful.

hope this helps also others....

rgds Martin

Last edited:
I’ve just sold the goggles and bought the RE version. All connected fine but when the image started playing up a 500m and so was the image on my phone screen, I will try again tomorrow but my original goggles were fantastic, never had a single glitch and was out at around 1km.

Yes. Everything works as it should be on mine. No issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb