DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 2 will not work with Goggles RE, am I the only one?

Well it does, the autoswitch could be messing up more when the goggles are connected...

I'll try when I get a chance.

As I wrote, after FW refreshing, reinstalling DJI GO, the drone fly up to 4km with or w/o the antenne.

You're the only one to have witnessed that so far though. For all of us we still have to investigate further.

I have done tests and sure enough the issue appears when on 5.8GHz, but not with 2.4.

So as suspected your refreshing and reinstalling had nothing to do with it, but since the aircraft is set by default to autoselect between 2.4 and 5.8 it will sometimes work and sometimes not depending on what it chooses at a given location and time.

So if you want to use goggles be sure to set link to 2.4 only instead of 5.8 or the default autoselect.

Try to set liveview in DJI GO to REGULAR and in the goggles to 720/30p. I remember I had FullHD in the GO and 1080p/30 in the goggles before refreshing everything.
The goggles and the drones are made for using 2,4 and 5,8 so I think this is not the root of the issue, evenmore if this settings works for me.

The goggles and drones are made to stream 1080p as well, so that point is moot...

As I said on 2.4 1080p works perfectly, as it already did on the MP.
720 may help when on 5.8, will try for the sake of it and to know what to expect in case I ever am in a place where 2.4 is unusable, but I didn't buy a Mavic 2 to use 720p live feed :)

In any case it IS clear that in 1080p/5.8 the goggles being connected causes a reduction in range. It's probably a software bug.

You do not understand me. You have to test the set (M2+RE) step by step. So, try to do the same as I did. If you will get the good result you can do the other step.
I did REGULAR + 720p, works fine
I did REGULAR + 1080p, works fine
I am going to do FullHD + 1080p and FullHD+720p/60.
Use 2,4 and 5,8 auto as I do.

If an issue found in the steps, the source of the issue could be more pointed.

I didn't see any significant difference in range between 2.4 and 5.8.

There is just something wrong. In any mode or freq, I can fly to the extent of the range with the Goggles, loose connection from the craft, turn Goggles off, regain connection and fly another 10K feet farther away. It seems like the Goggles interfere with the connection.

And Litchi seems to work better than Go4.

Last edited:
Just noticed that there is a new firmware version (.0700) for the Goggles RE. I will try that and report back.

EDIT-
Tried the new Goggle RE firmware (.0700). It is better with 2.4 getting the greatest range, but, it is still not quite right. The Goggles somehow cut the max range that can be attained.

I fly away until the craft disconnects. Turn Goggles off, then I can fly farther.

Last edited:
I cannot find the Release Notes for the Goggles RE .0700 (sept 29 '18)
Does anyone know what this new FW update does.. since there is no release notes?
Thanks!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue