DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic 3 flew away - Any Help Please with Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suren, is that V2 or V3? 🤣

seriously. I am glad DJI handled your case quickly. I just not going to fly my M3 until a new firmware is released and confirmed everything is ok.

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
Sounds like it will ship from the DJI Technology Australia assuming they have them in stock and with the 3 to 5 day mentioned it would seem they do.

I am really glad to see they are replacing your drone. Hope the replacement gives you a better experience.
Thanks for the info, Yeah i hope as well that it works good with no further issues.

So I reached out to Dji to find out when my drone would ship and the response below left me a little shocked.

Dear Suren,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Normally, the replacement is estimated to be shipped in 1-2 business days. Due to the current increase of cases and the lack of personnel, the turn-around time might be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we will inform the related department to arrange the shipment as soon as possible

That can explain why took for ever with mine to be shipped. They shipped yesterday but the tracking does not reflect yet that has been pickup.

So I reached out to Dji to find out when my drone would ship and the response below left me a little shocked.

Dear Suren,

Normally, the replacement is estimated to be shipped in 1-2 business days. Due to the current increase of cases and the lack of personnel, the turn-around time might be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding and patience, and we will inform the related department to arrange the shipment as soon as possible

I'm new here but have been following this thread with my popcorn......

Sounds like they have a few ongoing cases to deal with eh?

Glad you finally got it sorted @Suren - the shipping delay will give you more time with the Autel ;)

I'm new here but have been following this thread with my popcorn......

Sounds like they have a few ongoing cases to deal with eh?

Glad you finally got it sorted @Suren - the shipping delay will give you more time with the Autel ;)
Yeah that is true. I enjoy flying the Autel but they also have major issues and bugs to deal with just like Dji. The good thing about Dji is that they will respond to you an their forum, Autel support is non existent even when I emailed them directly 4 times-no response.

Reactions: BlairAir
Wow after reading each and every response in this thread if I ever have any kind of problem I know there are some really great experts, meta4 and Sar104, that will be able to figure out any problems that I would have. Fortunately I have never had a crash or fly away, touching tons of wood in the forest, to have to deal with the stress of losing a big investment like our precious DJI drones. But if I ever do in the future I know we have the experts in this forum to help us along.

I have an Mavic Pro that i have been flying enjoyably since i first got it but am looking to add another DJI drone. I don't think it will be the Mavic 3 with all the problems. It will most likely be Mavic Pro 2 Zoom or a Mavic Air 2.

Keep up the Great work guys.

Wow after reading each and every response in this thread if I ever have any kind of problem I know there are some really great experts, meta4 and Sar104, that will be able to figure out any problems that I would have. Fortunately I have never had a crash or fly away, touching tons of wood in the forest, to have to deal with the stress of losing a big investment like our precious DJI drones. But if I ever do in the future I know we have the experts in this forum to help us along.

I have an Mavic Pro that i have been flying enjoyably since i first got it but am looking to add another DJI drone. I don't think it will be the Mavic 3 with all the problems. It will most likely be Mavic Pro 2 Zoom or a Mavic Air 2.

Keep up the Great work guys.
If you decide on the Mavic Air 2 might I suggest going with the Mavic Air 2S. The 1" sensor makes it just that much better.

Dear Suren,

I am glad you got this sorted out and that DJI did the right thing.

I am so upset right now. Did a flight this morning and the drone was going well and then at around a couple of hundred meters it disconnected and only reconnected when it came back and was a few feet over my head. I landed the drone checked it, replaced the battery and decided to take off from my deck. Checked the waypoint HyperLapse to see why I cannot set my speed and then decided to do a Master Shots video. Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction. I quickly jumped into the car and tried to follow it but lost it when it went over the hills. I am so upset right now that my $4500 investment decided to do this. This is totally not on and unacceptable to me. I wish I could use vulgar languages on here now but I can't. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can direct this log and maybe, just maybe tell me where it land I would be forever grateful. I will upload the screen recording video of when it disconnected while doing the mastershots.
Log from flyaway:
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Log from first flight this morning, also disconnected but returned promptly:

I also noticed while watching the screen recording is that the vision sensors showed not working although it is a bright sunny day.
What happens to these units, do they land or just fall out of the sky and kill someone

What happens to these units, do they land or just fall out of the sky and kill someone
There's a lot of smart programming in them.
They don't just fly until the battery runs out.
They are programmed to autoland when they reach critical low voltage level.

I am so upset right now. Did a flight this morning and the drone was going well and then at around a couple of hundred meters it disconnected and only reconnected when it came back and was a few feet over my head. I landed the drone checked it, replaced the battery and decided to take off from my deck. Checked the waypoint HyperLapse to see why I cannot set my speed and then decided to do a Master Shots video. Drone disconnected again and decided to stay one place and after a few seconds turned and flew in the opposite direction. I quickly jumped into the car and tried to follow it but lost it when it went over the hills. I am so upset right now that my $4500 investment decided to do this. This is totally not on and unacceptable to me. I wish I could use vulgar languages on here now but I can't. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can direct this log and maybe, just maybe tell me where it land I would be forever grateful. I will upload the screen recording video of when it disconnected while doing the mastershots.
Log from flyaway:

Log from first flight this morning, also disconnected but returned promptly:

I also noticed while watching the screen recording is that the vision sensors showed not working although it is a bright sunny day.
Did you find the drone?

Very upsetting that I need to pay to get the drone from Aussie to New Zealand and must make my own arrangements to pick it up. I see so many where Dji ships the drone out at their costs, why do I need to sort this out myself. The below is from the chat with the DJI support guy now.

Attachments

• IMG-1302.PNG
    IMG-1302.PNG
    439.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-1304.PNG
    IMG-1304.PNG
    430.2 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads