DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic mini Footage feels off

JoeMorgan

Reactions
I am new to drones and am trying to learn, so I may be doing something wrong, either in flight or I might have a setting off in the camera, but my footage feels... wrong somehow. It looks like it is rendering wrong in certain areas, especially in or near grass. Is it me?

I am looking for advice on whether I have a faulty camera, faulty flying technique or something else.

I shot test footage today (hoping that the update v01.00.0300 would fix the footage) I understand that by making this into a single YouTube clip that I have downgraded the whole video to 1080 at 25 FPS, but the labels are there to show what it was originally shot in. I tried each setting available to see if any one was better than another.

Any feedback is appreciated even if it is just to say it is operator error.

I am new to drones and am trying to learn, so I may be doing something wrong, either in flight or I might have a setting off in the camera, but my footage feels... wrong somehow. It looks like it is rendering wrong in certain areas, especially in or near grass. Is it me?

I am looking for advice on whether I have a faulty camera, faulty flying technique or something else.

I shot test footage today (hoping that the update v01.00.0300 would fix the footage) I understand that by making this into a single YouTube clip that I have downgraded the whole video to 1080 at 25 FPS, but the labels are there to show what it was originally shot in. I tried each setting available to see if any one was better than another.

Any feedback is appreciated even if it is just to say it is operator error.

This is not a good way to test your footage and I am assuming you were over a slope correct ? The camera is struggling to find a focus point.

Before you do anything shoot a tree nice and up close, shoot in auto mode and make sure to set the exposure and lock it .

Forget about flying sideways fly backwards from the tree until you loose focus . Keep it simple look for jittery video like when you were switching out footage.

Do a vertical test again find something to focus on , this is much better way to check your camera and its ability .

Also you might want to wait for sun light.

here is some footage of a vertical shot , im watching the focus areas. You can see some jitter in the video which the new firmware helped with.
Starts at 3 minutes in to the video.

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear for your Mavic
Coal

Last edited:
Thank you for the help, I am going to try these suggestions, but it has been raining since the response. Even the weather is against me... lol
Honestly thanks for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty