DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Mini is out of control

no GPS = ATTI mode. You then have full control of your drone. Quite a fun mode for experienced pilot. This is real flying :cool:
and reading the manuals is from great benefit...

Only if the aircraft is also out of VPS range, otherwise it will use vision position to stay in P mode.

Last edited:
I'm always amazed at how many people come to the defense of DJI. Here's a possibility why this drone flew so haphazardly... there's a problem with the drone!

As others have said, try a new location (not in a no-fly zone) and see if you experience the same issues. If you do, then I would say you need to take the drone back from whence it was purchased and get a new one (assuming not too much time has past).

I'm always amazed at how many people come to the defense of DJI. Here's a possibility why this drone flew so haphazardly... there's a problem with the drone!

Only way to know for sure ?
POST THE FLIGHT DATA.
Not sure yet how this is done for the MM (get it off the drone as per normal ?), or if the analysts here can read them, work out what happened (like they do for other models).
Pretty sure they'd appreciate the chance to see the new drones format.

Reactions: Thomas B
The flightrecords folder exists, and under that is MCDatFlightRecords.
I don't have a Mini, so don't know what files would populate there but likely same as Go: TXT log in FightRecords, DAT in MCDatFlightRecords.

So, I’m a filmmaker but am new to drones. I went out the other day and bought the new Mavic Mini so I can learn how to use drones and stuff in filmmaking. I watched quite a few tutorials, tried flying inside and it was perfectly fine. Could control it great and use all the controls properly.

BUT, when I took it outside it was a different story. I tried to hover the drone and literally had its own mind. It started flying all over the place and then eventually crashed into a bush. So I then tried calibrating and all that jazz, took it outside and the same thing happened again.

I did get a message saying there wasn’t a strong GPS signal so it can’t “hover” and also it was fairly dark outside when I was testing it. Could this have anything to do with it? What am I doing wrong? Someone help me pls ?

*Note* it wasn’t windy outside at all

Don't want to sound like a pro, since I just got my MM a few days back, but try reading the manual, it has answers to all your questions, you would not crash if you would read it, also read every message before take-off and take it seriously if you don't want to break your bird.

As others have said, try a new location (not in a no-fly zone) and see if you experience the same issues. If you do, then I would say you need to take the drone back from whence it was purchased and get a new one (assuming not too much time has past).
Well they are usually pretty idiot proof, if it says there's no GPS signal and it won't be able to hover in place it doesn't seem a great idea to take off in the dark.
I'm guessing part of the sky was obstructed or perhaps a reboot would have helped - or the GPS sensor could be broken as least likely option.

I am a bit concerned that the new Mini is being sold as a toy but doesn't have the more sophisticated means to protect itself from crashing into stuff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423